AR15 Pistol build photos thread

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
the1_roadrunner
ArizonaShooting.org Member

AR15 Pistol build photos thread

Post by the1_roadrunner »

I looked through the forum and didn't see a topic dedicated to AR pistol builds so here we go.
If you post-up photos it would be interesting if you provide a Parts List of custom components as well.
Pistolo111718-001.jpg
Above This is a 7" 5.56
Key Components
-Seekins billet lower with ambi bolt catch release and ambi mag catch (Norgon mag lever far side)
-Battle Arms ambi fire selector, Milspec trigger group, KNS anti walk pins.
-Vltor billet upper receiver with forward assist
-Noveske bolt carrier group. Bolt is head spaced at the factory to barrel and sold as a set.
-7" Noveske "Diplomat" stainless steel barrel. Note- I used to go to Robar for my SS blackening but they shut down all their stainless blackening operations. Now I go to "Louie's Black Oxide" over in Phoenix. He runs a very modest but quality operation, great work, great prices and quick turn around as in 1 or 2 days. (602) 257-0530
-Smith Vortex flash suppressor
-Geissele 7" MK13 rail (they recently discontinued their 7" rails, I don't know why)
-Troy BUIS, I prefer the HK style front site. (semi hooded)
-SB Tactical ABA3 pistol brace
ETA- Point of reference. This is the 7" SS barrel finish before black oxide. Some people don't mind the color. I prefer the rifle all black.
noveskePbbl7.jpg
Pistolo111718-002.jpg
Above This is a 10.5" 5.56
Key Components
-Noveske Gen 3 billet lower with Milspec bolt catch release and ambi mag catch (Norgon mag lever far side)
-Vltor billet upper receiver with forward assist
-Noveske bolt carrier group. Bolt is head spaced at the factory to barrel and sold as a set.
-10.5" Noveske stainless steel barrel. Again I used "Louie's Black Oxide" (602) 257-0530
-Smith Vortex flash suppressor
-Geissele 9.5" MK13 rail
-Troy BUIS, I prefer the HK style front site. (semi hooded)
-SB Tactical ABA3 pistol brace
Attachments
Pistolos111718-001.jpg
Last edited by the1_roadrunner on June 8th, 2020, 8:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

the1_roadrunner

Re: AR15 Pistol build photos thread

Okay here's two .300 Blackout builds I have in progress.
Seekins060820-002.jpg
Seekins060820-003.jpg
Above This is a 9" .300 Blackout
Key Components so far
-Seekins billet lower with ambi bolt catch release and ambi mag catch (Norgon mag lever far side)
-Seekins billet upper receiver with forward assist.
-Noveske bolt with Lewis Machine Tool carrier. Bolt is head spaced at the factory to barrel and sold as a set. I just happened to have the LMT carrier laying around so that's why I matched them up.
-9" Noveske stainless steel .300 blackout barrel. Again "Louie's Black Oxide" finish.
-Smith Vortex flash suppressor not shown
-Geissele 7" MK4 rail (they recently discontinued their 7" rails, I'm trying to find a distributor that still has one in stock)
-SB Tactical ABA3 pistol brace on order
UPDATE- ok, so this is the progress on the 9" shown above in the Photos shown below. So what's new? SBA3 brace, Geissele 7" rail that was nearly impossible to find, Vltor charging handle with the gas suppression dam, Smith vortex flash suppressor, Troy flip up BUIS. Also some paint filling on the fire selector etc.
I'm still waiting for picatinny rail sections to attach on the handguard at 3, 6 and 9. Plus a Magpul AFG (angled foregrip)
.300 Blackout
9inch300BO-002.jpg

Pretty much finished other than a AFG and a red dot sight. Not sure on that yet.
SeekNine062320-001.jpg
SeekNine062320-002.jpg
SeekNine062320-004.jpg
SeekNine062320-003.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seekins060820-001.jpg
Above This will be a 10.5" .300 Blackout
Key Components so far
-Vltor billet upper receiver with forward assist. I AM SWITCHING THIS TO A SEEKINS UPPER SO THIS UPPER IS FOR SALE. NEW NEVER FIRED. STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. PM IF INTERESTED.
-No bolt carrier yet .
-Barrel will be 10.5" Noveske .300 blackout
-Geissele 9.5" MK4 rail shown
Last edited by the1_roadrunner on June 23rd, 2020, 5:39 pm, edited 13 times in total.
TheAdeptNomad
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by TheAdeptNomad »

I realize this post was from over 2 years ago, but I was curious as to if you had finished these builds. I currently have a 8.5in 300blk build, but am looking to make some changes/additions. Which barrel length do you enjoy more or is your go to? I am currently in the process of selecting an optic for it as I would like to use it as a truck gun and for hunting. I'm currently looking at the PA SLx 3x Prism as an option, are there any recommendations you would make in regards to optics?
the1_roadrunner

TheAdeptNomad wrote: June 9th, 2020, 11:14 am I realize this post was from over 2 years ago, but I was curious as to if you had finished these builds. I currently have a 8.5in 300blk build, but am looking to make some changes/additions. Which barrel length do you enjoy more or is your go to? I am currently in the process of selecting an optic for it as I would like to use it as a truck gun and for hunting. I'm currently looking at the PA SLx 3x Prism as an option, are there any recommendations you would make in regards to optics?
Nomad, the post date is at the top left of the post. If you look there you'll see I posted this yesterday 8-) . You probably looked at my join date over on the right side. I see you have 1 post. Welcome to ArizonaShooting. As for the first .300 blackout pictured I just got a shipping notice from Optics Planet 30 minutes ago saying my 7" rail, brace and charging handle have shipped so I'm pretty stoked about that. I'll probably order some back-up iron sights later today and that pretty much completes the build as far as it being functional. I'll take more pics and post when done.
As far as the previously completed 5.56s. I like both! the 7" is great for close in stuff. The 10.5" 100-200 yards no problems. I haven't played around with any optics yet but most people use red dot whether it be Acog, eotech, aimpoint, whatever.
I just googled the Primary Arms SLx 3. Definitely reasonably priced. 3x eh? I wasn't thinking of a magnified optic but now that you mention it I'm curious to put one of my ACOG TA31s on the 10.5" 5.56 and see how I like it. Right now my TA31's are on 14.5" rifles.
I'll post up new pics when the parts come in for the 9" blackout. Be 2-3 days.
RR
the1_roadrunner

I'll be starting the 10.5" Noveske barrel build very soon. Looking for parts. Certain things are getting scarce.
the1_roadrunner

Again that Vltor / Noveske hog-out upper is for sale.. $180