What is your favorite hand gun?

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Aznine
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: What is your favorite hand gun?

Post by Aznine »

Glock 19 Gen 4

Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Boriqua »

Damn I dont know if its my favorite favorite but .. it has to be up there in the top 3 of EVER owned guns.

Just got back from shooting it and took the pic in its dirty glory. Have had it for years. Smooth as silk. One of the best DA triggers EVER shot. Accurate like no ones business and never ever ever fails. Heavy enough to handle stout 357 with ease, small enough to carry regular without feeling it.

Best part .. I can take an eye out with it with little effort. Just got that connection thing going on.

I freagin love this gun!! Lots of guns have come and gone .. this is my forever gun. Were I forced to keep just one ...
Ruger home from range.JPG
TriggerFish

Post by TriggerFish »

My 1980 Snake. Given to me as a wedding gift in 1981 by my wife. If I don't say it is my favorite handgun...
Seriously, I used the Python, with a Leupold scope, to shoot Silhouette matches for years. Many good days outdoors with friends attached to this blaster.
BTW, it was $505 when she bought it new!
ooda

Post by ooda »

CZ P07 Gen2 whit a few goodies installed.
sharp

Post by sharp »

I guess I'd have to say my favorite is the G19? I've bought (and sold) many, Gen 2 through Gen 5. Moved on to different platforms, and/or the latest flavor or caliber many times. Each time, I have always ended up coming back to G19 for some reason or another.
Norinco
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Norinco »

HK p7m8 , S&W k22 combat masterpiece and FN 5.7. They all are so fun to shoot 🍻
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

TriggerFish wrote: November 28th, 2020, 8:05 am My 1980 Snake. Given to me as a wedding gift in 1981 by my wife. If I don't say it is my favorite handgun...
Seriously, I used the Python, with a Leupold scope, to shoot Silhouette matches for years. Many good days outdoors with friends attached to this blaster.
BTW, it was $505 when she bought it new!
$505 in 1981 is approximately $1500 today. https://www.usdinflation.com/amount/505/1981
BlastWind

Post by BlastWind »

Full size USP 45. Love them.
Bear6462

Post by Bear6462 »

Love 1911’s. Recently rented a P320, FN 509 mid, and P10C. Torn between those three at the moment.
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

My XDm was my favorite. I need to replace it.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

Benelli 9mm semi auto
Bear6462

Post by Bear6462 »

AZ1182 wrote: December 4th, 2020, 2:14 pm
Bear6462 wrote: December 4th, 2020, 1:20 pm Love 1911’s. Recently rented a P320, FN 509 mid, and P10C. Torn between those three at the moment.
320 is a hit or miss with me. Yes to the 45 320C, no to the 45 320 full. 320C in 9, so-so. P10C second gen, yes. 1st gen? NO. As for the FN, here, watch these two vids from Vickers. I'd buy it if one was available locally just because of how they worked despite it was the dot that was being tortured.

I'm trying to figure out how to reply to a message so, hopefully I'm doing this correctly. I really do appreciate the info. Do you mind me asking why you don't like the 320 9mm, or the 1st gen P10C? I'm looking for a 9 so, that's pretty important, but other than the 320 accidental discharge issues, I've never heard a bad thing about either. (Hopefully, I can gain access to the classifieds soon so, I can see if there's anything available out there. Haha...)
Bear6462

Post by Bear6462 »

AZ1182 wrote: December 4th, 2020, 3:56 pm
Bear6462 wrote: December 4th, 2020, 3:45 pm
AZ1182 wrote: December 4th, 2020, 2:14 pm
320 is a hit or miss with me. Yes to the 45 320C, no to the 45 320 full. 320C in 9, so-so. P10C second gen, yes. 1st gen? NO. As for the FN, here, watch these two vids from Vickers. I'd buy it if one was available locally just because of how they worked despite it was the dot that was being tortured.

I'm trying to figure out how to reply to a message so, hopefully I'm doing this correctly. I really do appreciate the info. Do you mind me asking why you don't like the 320 9mm, or the 1st gen P10C? I'm looking for a 9 so, that's pretty important, but other than the 320 accidental discharge issues, I've never heard a bad thing about either. (Hopefully, I can gain access to the classifieds soon so, I can see if there's anything available out there. Haha...)
The 320C might be because of the older style trigger. 1st gen P10C had a very stiff slide stop and the backplate would sometimes slide down just enough to prevent it from going back into battery that was easily overcome by a tap-rack-bang...but left me not confident to use if my life depended on it. Newer 320C's and newer P10C's are both good to go though.
Awesome! The newer are the ones I'm looking at. Perhaps even putting together an 80. We shall see. Thanks again for the info! And, the time you've given me.
oldgringo

Post by oldgringo »

My 1950's vintage Colt Combat Commander in .45ACP. It shoots flawlessly, likes only hard ball or Hydro shoks. It is a little worn looking from all the years, so I am looking to Cerakote it when I decide a color.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

I have P320C that was originally 40 s&w (it was a good deal at the time $399 new from PSA). I wanted to shoot it suppressed, so I bought a 9mm threaded Sig barrel and mags. The standard medium sized grip module was a bit chucky for my taste, swapped it for a small. Much better. It's closer in size to my Full size M&P now.