CZ P-07 or Sig P229

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Cubiclerevolt
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: CZ P-07 or Sig P229

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Put down a bid on a P229 in .40. Let's see if I get it.

Praise Trump and his magical money helicopter.

superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

Kinked_Chrome wrote: April 15th, 2020, 9:49 am
superdrag67 wrote: April 15th, 2020, 9:35 am It's been around for a decade. How is that new? And what is gimmicky about it?
For a firearm, a decade is really not that long of a time. I think the trigger/safety and interchangeable back straps is gimmicky.

I'm sure it probably works fine, shoots good, etc, etc. In fact, I can't think of any $500 pistols that don't work as advertised or that I wouldn't want to defend my life with.
Guess we just have different definitions of new. I'd consider the P365 new but not the P320.

Not sure what you mean by the trigger/safety but quite a few of the major manufacturers of polymer handguns have interchangable backstraps. (Sig, HK, Glock, CZ, Walther, S&W, XD, FN) Seems to be the way most are going.
Kinked_Chrome

Post by Kinked_Chrome »

superdrag67 wrote: April 15th, 2020, 11:49 am
Kinked_Chrome wrote: April 15th, 2020, 9:49 am
superdrag67 wrote: April 15th, 2020, 9:35 am It's been around for a decade. How is that new? And what is gimmicky about it?
For a firearm, a decade is really not that long of a time. I think the trigger/safety and interchangeable back straps is gimmicky.

I'm sure it probably works fine, shoots good, etc, etc. In fact, I can't think of any $500 pistols that don't work as advertised or that I wouldn't want to defend my life with.
Guess we just have different definitions of new. I'd consider the P365 new but not the P320.

Not sure what you mean by the trigger/safety but quite a few of the major manufacturers of polymer handguns have interchangable backstraps. (Sig, HK, Glock, CZ, Walther, S&W, XD, FN) Seems to be the way most are going.
Yeah, I guess I consider anything that has come out this century to be new, or at least newish.

Maybe it's hard for me to relate to the utility of adjustable back straps because I'm pretty average size and shape, but it still feels to me like it is more of a feature that helps sells guns more than it is actually useful.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Sig P2xx series are very sexy pistols. Solid, reliable, and durable. My faves are the ones without the rails
Gras

Post by Gras »

I have a P-07 Urban Grey with the threaded barrel, very comfortable and great shooter, I did swap the controls from decock to safety.