Best Aftermarket Glock Trigger

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
sharp
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Best Aftermarket Glock Trigger

Post by sharp »

Well, I just purchased my 2nd G43X. I sold the first one because I did not like the pinch I was getting on my trigger finger. I liked the overall platform so much I decided now to buy another one, with the intention of installing an aftermarket trigger. What triggers do you guys like in your Glocks?
I know, many of you believe in staying all stock on your carry guns, and that's ok! However I have made this decision for me, and am curious what aftermarket triggers you that have them, like, and why!?

xerts1191

Re: Best Aftermarket Glock Trigger

Post by xerts1191 »

I too have the same question, only for a gen4-19
guardyan_angyl

Post by guardyan_angyl »

I am a fan of the Overwatch Precision TAC Trigger. Great local company to deal with and the trigger has been fantastic on my G19.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

I have had several glocks I traded into or bought that had the "Ghost trigger connector" installed.

I don't see why people buy them. I can't tell a difference between it's crappy trigger pull and the stock crappy trigger pull. It may be slightly "lighter" but I couldn't tell.

Lol.
K10chvy77

Post by K10chvy77 »

I have a few with Apex flat triggers and love them. Also have an SSVI trigger in another one a little different but apex didn’t offer a trigger for the G42 at the time.
K10chvy77

Post by K10chvy77 »

I’ve heard some LEO are able to run apex triggers in service pistols.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

i have a few apex carry kits in a few, and do like them, not in a glock, but another platform, definetly makes a dif, imo
Rj
Flash

Post by Flash »

I've put Ghost connectors into 3 Glocks Mrs. Flash owns and 1 I own. The difference in some of them was astounding, like her G42 and G26. In others there was a noticeable improvement but not as huge as those two.

In all cases the pull weight came down a pound or two or at least it felt that way.
theflatline

Post by theflatline »

Put the lone wolf system in my model 40 and happy with it. Ghost connectors do not reduce the pull weight by themselves they change to arc or profile of the pull.
Flash

Post by Flash »

theflatline wrote: April 1st, 2020, 12:31 pm Put the lone wolf system in my model 40 and happy with it. Ghost connectors do not reduce the pull weight by themselves they change to arc or profile of the pull.
Then I guess they're lying in their advertising on their website?

https://ghostinc.com/g42-g43-43x-48-pro-connector/

Average Reduction in trigger weight is 2.5 lbs.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Asking the best Trigger is like asking what is the best Craft Beer. There are going to be a lot of different options. I have put the ghost connectors and spring kits in multiple Glocks and it makes a noticeable improvement, but the best bang for the buck is to take some flitz polish and polish all the surfaces that have friction, replace the connector and shoot it. The more you shoot it the smoother it gets. I have spent money on the ZEVtec Triggers and others all do what they are advertised to do. I have Apex Kits in shields and they are an improvement. Whether they are worth the money is another thing. Its so subjective you have to try things to see what you like and what works for you. You can also go to far and make a Glock unsafe or unreliable with too light a spring or to many aftermarket trigger parts etc. It really depends on what your trying to do. A Competition Glock is different from a carry glock etc. The best shooting Glock i own is a well used Gen 3 G19 with many thousands of rounds thru it. Only mod is the connector. Anyone i hand it to says that's the best glock trigger ive ever felt. I don't know if that is true, but it does shoot really nice just from use.
Conelrad

Post by Conelrad »

As Devil's advocate;

CZ P-10 fixes all that.

Conelrad out.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Thanks all for the input
sharp

Post by sharp »

h8pvmnt wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 7:13 am Asking the best Trigger is like asking what is the best Craft Beer. There are going to be a lot of different options. I have put the ghost connectors and spring kits in multiple Glocks and it makes a noticeable improvement, but the best bang for the buck is to take some flitz polish and polish all the surfaces that have friction, replace the connector and shoot it. The more you shoot it the smoother it gets. I have spent money on the ZEVtec Triggers and others all do what they are advertised to do. I have Apex Kits in shields and they are an improvement. Whether they are worth the money is another thing. Its so subjective you have to try things to see what you like and what works for you. You can also go to far and make a Glock unsafe or unreliable with too light a spring or to many aftermarket trigger parts etc. It really depends on what your trying to do. A Competition Glock is different from a carry glock etc. The best shooting Glock i own is a well used Gen 3 G19 with many thousands of rounds thru it. Only mod is the connector. Anyone i hand it to says that's the best glock trigger ive ever felt. I don't know if that is true, but it does shoot really nice just from use.
I realize that, but still interested in other’s insights and opinions while making my decision. Also, in answer to some of the other comments, as I stated in OP, I’m putting an aftermarket trigger on because I don’t like how the OEM trigger bites my trigger finger. I’m not doing it for a lighter pull, or necessarily to make it better, more clean, crisp, etc.
Previously I have been completely satisfied keeping the trigger bone stock on all my Glocks, but none of the other models bite my finger like this one!
Thank you for all your replies.
azknuckles
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by azknuckles »

I have used both the Over Watch Precision and the Apex. I slightly prefer the Apex but both are well worth a look.