G43X VS. P365XL?

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
sharp
ArizonaShooting.org Member

G43X VS. P365XL?

Post by sharp »

I recently sold my G43X. Loved it but did not love how it pinched my trigger finger, but still I kind of regret selling it and think I may buy another one (all black this time!) and put an aftermarket trigger on it. I'm also interested in the P365XL, and wonder what ya'all's thoughts are regarding one vs. the other, if you have experience with both?? I have shot the regular P365 and liked it but I kinda think I'm more of a Glock guy...

DRTDIVR

Re: G43X VS. P365XL?

Post by DRTDIVR »

Is this your CCW? I'm a huge glock fan but was underwhelmed by round count in the 43 and 43x for their size. Glock used to lead the way and now they are behind. The shield holds a round more than 43, hellcat with mag that makes its grip the same as the 43x holds a few more rounds. I don't know much about the sig. Their quality control has always been hit or miss so I stay away.
Remow2112

Post by Remow2112 »

There is a company that makes a metal mag for the 43x that holds 15 rnds. It has gotten good reviews. The only kicker is changing the mag catch to metal for the original plastic one.

Dan...
sharp

Post by sharp »

Yes, CCW. I have tried soooo many of the other sub compacts and keep coming back to Glock. Ended up buying another 43x yesterday...
Thehopping1
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Thehopping1 »

I love my 43x, I tried the regular 360 and it was not right for my hand but the shield arms s15 mags changed the game.
DMeacham

Post by DMeacham »

I’ve had my regular 365 now for about a month, and carry it every day.

I gave the 43 a go and didn’t like it. Like you, I got a pinch on the trigger finger, and I don’t have huge hands.

The 365 XL was nice, but the regular 365 just concealed better on my body type. I went with the NRA version, for no other reason than it came with 3 mags and is FDE. I love the hell out of this gun
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Anyone that is in the market for a micro compact pistol, I would highly suggest looking into a Springfield Armory Hellcat. I have one and I love it.

I also own an G43 and a P365 as well. I didn’t think anything could top the P365, but that Hellcat is awfully sweet.
felixm24

Post by felixm24 »

I have had both 43 and the 365XL there both good but I prefer the 365XL nether pistol has given me any problems I like the fact that the Sig is cut for a red, round count and the grip for me feels better
mock0013

Post by mock0013 »

I hated the G43 serrated trigger and replaced it with an Overwatch aluminum trigger with NP3 connector and it solved that problem. with the new options out I would consider the G43x with that 15 round metal mag. I've had 2 sig products fail on arrival and had to be sent back 1-2 times to get working. I couldn't trust them so I would wait a little longer as sig has made quite a few mods to the P365 already
azknuckles

Post by azknuckles »

The P365 with the P365XL grip module is fantastic!
electrohawk

Post by electrohawk »

Without the 15rnd mag, I would not even consider the G43X over the P365XL.
The P365XL with the 15rnd mag in it is still a better conceal than the Glock.
For me it comes down to the trigger and accuracy, which all depends on the shooter.
I would shoot them side by side and see how you feel about each. Yes there are aftermarket triggers for both, but the natural point on each goes to a different elevation for me.
If you open or service carry with a glock, you may want to stick with the glock for natural point shooting, for which a CCW has a high need for. I find if I am shooting a lot with a glock and switch to the SIG angle it takes me a few mags to change back over each way.

The grip angle is much more comfortable and easier to conceal for me on the P365XL.
In the picture comparisons it does not seem like much, but on the waist or belly, it feels totally different for me.

I try to like every new Glock and end up buying them, but they all end up off my rotation because just my personal bio preference I guess, I shoot better with SIG grip and trigger combinations... I just can't bring myself to sell my souped up Glocks or G19's that I have "too many" of :P
laabstract

Post by laabstract »

Get the ACOG and a Hi-Point.