Sig P320 X

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
f18hornet11
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Sig P320 X

Post by f18hornet11 »

I am not sure if it has been asked but I have been looking at the Sig P320 X. I was wondering what everyone thinks of them. I am planning on getting it with the Romeo 1 Red dot sight but have noticed it is harder to find a duty style holster for this platform. So like I stated out what does everyone think of the P320 with a red dot sight. Thanks for the input.

QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Sig P320 X

Post by QuietM4 »

I'm not a fan of battery-dependent devices of a potentially life saving firearm, but that's just me.

I do love my P320 X-Carry. The X frame is a big improvement over the standard P320 frame. The X frame models also have the advantage of coming with the flat trigger, another improvement over the standard models.

Also, check out the Wilson Combat grip module...it is what I use when I carry the X-Carry. I switch back to the X-Frame for competitions, since it has the Sig magwell installed.

Finding a holster shouldn't be too difficult....red dot pistol optics are becoming more popular. Check out Safariland for a duty holster.
f18hornet11

Post by f18hornet11 »

I agree about the red dot sight going dead when not in use that is why most of the red dot sights I have seen and used always have a set of iron sights as back up and should be co-witnessed.

I will look in those grips. I am just trying to decided what I should do. I know glock makes the MOS version but I am not a glock fan. It is just me they are good gun and I even have a19x but just not a fan. I love the M&P 2.0 but they really don't have any real options for a red dot sight set up with out going pro models.

once again thanks for the input.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I have owned many Glocks over the years, as well as a few M&P's. Both are great guns, but the P320 is, to me, the most comfortable.

I'd get the X-Model because it CAN take a red dot, you don't have to use one (best to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it). Also, the trigger is one of the best striker-fired triggers out there...the CZ P-10 and HK VP series also have great striker-fired triggers out of the box.

Sig discontinued the X-Carry pistol, but you can still buy the frame size...they just don't sell a complete gun in that size. The X-Carry pistols are getting very difficult to find....I was lucky to find one a few weeks ago and grabbed it. I'm a fan of the full sized grip with the shorter slide....it's basically if Sig made a 19X.