any .32S&W long, .32 H&Rmag, .32-20 WCF, or .327fedmag fans?

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
pneuby
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: any .32S&W long, .32 H&Rmag, .32-20 WCF, or .327fedmag fans?

Post by pneuby »

I've only recently discovered the .32's, preferring the H&R and ACP flavors. Had a .327 LCR, and that thing was brutal, LOL. I think the caliber is best delivered from the heavier platforms. I suspect a 3" SP101 would be a good baseline, then the Single-Seven.

needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

Maybe not so much "heavier platforms " as barrel length. While I have a 3" Sp101 in 327 I feel the 4" with adj. sights is a MUCH nicer gun and far easier to shoot well. Both GP-100 and Single Seven tame the beast all that's necessary but a minimum of 5 inches of barrel is needed to extract the love outta the slow powders needed to make them sing .
There are WAY TOO MANY 32s in my nest and never a range session goes by without one or more bringing the smiles.
Firewhenready7

Post by Firewhenready7 »

I have a Ruger Blackhawk in 32H&R with besley grips...Love it, A blast to shoot
LeeValley

Post by LeeValley »

Buddy out of the blue offered a bunch of either loaded or casings as trade, which included some 32ACP rounds, 32 S&WL cases and some loaded 32-20 and 32-20 cases. So that stuff will come home with me. I knew my LGS had some new old stock, older priced 32 caliber bullets in both personal protection and plinking bullets so put them on layaway...he offers that😁. 600 just bullets in total for about 60 bucks. So when I do get a 327mag will be ahead of the game...disclaimer I know the 32-20 won't work but dig older rounds in original factory packaging.
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

WARNING !!!
Just having 32-20 rounds within arms reach will eventually drag you down the rabbit hole.
You will look at them and think what a cool cartridge it is . Then you will think , Gee , I already have bullets ,and brass .
Then you will have one .
That's the way it happens ,,,,, you've been warned.
LeeValley

Post by LeeValley »

The thought is swimming around in the back of my mind on the 32-20.
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

I've got a single-seven and the companion Henry Big Boy in 327 Federal. They shoot great with both light and heavy loads. Before the craziness, I picked up 500 rounds of the Speer 115 GDHP 327 Federal Mag ammo and that is hot for a factory load. Getting 1800 FPS out of the rifle and close to 1,500 out of the 7.5" revolver. It's almost as hot as my handloads!
LeeValley

Post by LeeValley »

Screamer loads, like the rifle/handgun combo in the same calibers.
backcountry

Post by backcountry »

Candor:

For the first time, I've been loading up some .32 auto, and was having some issues trying to insert primers with my Dillon 550. Brass cases just seemed to pop right out of the shellholder.

I found myself using a finger to push the case as far into the shellholder and keeping it in place. That got me to about 50% success. I was analyzing the Speer cases, but the mic'd good. I adjusted the shellholder to make certain it was adjusted as far down as possible.

Finally the light came on while I was checking completed rounds to ensure that the case mouth was good for indexing.
BOOM. It hit me. These don't index off the rim like revolvers. The rim on auto's are tiny and I was using the Dillon .32 conversion kit for 32 S&W long and .32 H&Rmag. A few minutes online confirmed my suspicion that there was a different conversion kit for the auto.

I thought I was a better handloader than that; making rookie mistakes. Embarrassing.

Live and Learn or die stupid,

Prescut
OMart

Post by OMart »

After I did some research I am thinking of picking up one of these https://charterfirearms.com/collections/undercoverette or should I say the wife wants one. She is a revolver gal, which is fine by me. She is kind of a little thing and was scared to death by firearms. More so by the noise than recoil or danger. The social turn the world is taking today made her want to learn so I picked her up a little .22 pistol to get started and she loved it and now wants something with a little more "umpph". Baby steps.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I've found many women are capable of putting up with the .32 revolvers better than a .38spl.

I got one of those Charter Arms revolvers in .38 with pink grips just for her, and even loaded up some mild wadcutters for her so as not to make too much blast and noise. But she still didn't like it and therefore never shot it. She likes my little S&W M&P .22 compact,...but so do I and I don't want to give it up. I finally came across an old but very good condition .32Long Iver Johnson top-break double-action. She's one of those gals into old-timey antique things, and when I explained to her it was a ladies pistol over 100 years ago, suddenly, she took to it. I got some mother of pearl grips for it, and she loves the thing.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

OMart wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 12:01 am After I did some research I am thinking of picking up one of these https://charterfirearms.com/collections/undercoverette or should I say the wife wants one.
PM me if you'd like to shoot mine. Great option.