Sig 365XL

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Pinetop
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Sig 365XL

Post by Pinetop »

Thinking about getting one of these, and the Sig Romeo red dot optic. Anyone have experience with the new 365XL?

Abbey

Re: Sig 365XL

Post by Abbey »

I have one and one and like it. I prefer the full grip and the extra barrel length feels better balanced.

To be honest, if I could have only one I’d stick with the regular P365 with 12-round mags. But since I don’t have to stick with one, I picked up an XL as a backup and to try with the optic.

No feedback on the optic yet. I pre-ordered the Romeo 0 when they were on sale at Optics Planet but haven’t received it yet.
Pinetop

Post by Pinetop »

I picked one up, along with the new 15 round extended mag. Really like it. Especially that straight trigger, without the Glock safety thingy in the middle of it. Waiting on the Sig Romeo Zero red dot to become available.
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

I finally held one today at the gun show. Not impressed. It's not small anymore.
Worldwatcher

Post by Worldwatcher »

Just got one with the romeozero and have only put 50 rds through it but I am liking it a lot. Smallest I can go with my hands. Tried the 43 recently too and am a glock fan but this just fits me better and with factory 15 rd mags it is a no brainer to me.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I prefer not to have my potentially life-saving device rely on failure-prone batteries.
Remow2112

Post by Remow2112 »

I tried red dots on a couple of pistols and I can't see the appeal. I always have to fiddle around to pick up the dot on the sight. Unlike a rifle where you throw it to your shoulder and there is the dot.

IS there some trick to picking of the dot quickly?

Dan...
87slosohc
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by 87slosohc »

Remow2112 wrote: March 29th, 2020, 8:49 am I tried red dots on a couple of pistols and I can't see the appeal. I always have to fiddle around to pick up the dot on the sight. Unlike a rifle where you throw it to your shoulder and there is the dot.

IS there some trick to picking of the dot quickly?

Dan...
Draw and dry fire practice worked for me. Did a lot of presenting from the chest drawing while at the range as well.
TacoTime

Post by TacoTime »

I have a p365 and love it, the XL seems a bit much. I’ve never had any issues with my 365 and have thousands of rounds through it. Haters will hate
sharp

Post by sharp »

I’m looking forward to trying one!
Remow2112

Post by Remow2112 »

I have a 365 and a 365XL. Like them both. But I did not go the red dot route. I just can't seem to get the dot to come up easy for me. (I did try practicing for a while last night.)

It is not much harder to conceal the 365XL. Just put the 12 round mag in your 365 and the grip is pretty much the same length.

Dan...
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

I have 365 XL and i like it but it is a bit harder to conceal so the regular 365 is what i carry. I dont like the 365 XL red dot option because you lose the rear site to install the red dot. I like red dot equipped guns but i like to still have sites installed. Many Police forces are transitioning to full size glocks with red dots. The training to shoot a red dot well is different from normal pistol shooting and takes practice. Without sites there are ways to site down the slide etc to still have effective fire with a dead battery. But again its all a matter of training with a particular platform. At the range everyone in my family prefers shooting the XL over the standard 365 but for obvious reasons. The 365 is a tiny gun for a 9mm the XL is just enough bigger to make it really easy to shoot. If you can deal with the extra length give it a try. The red dot is a matter of personal preference and training. I don't know anything about the SiG Romeo.
felixm24

Post by felixm24 »

I bought the 365XL because it had the red dot cut Receiver now if I could only find the sig red dot
for sale , but since the wife likes to shoot my XL i might just buy a new package pistol and red dot and have two HAHA
azknuckles

Post by azknuckles »

Abbey wrote: November 28th, 2019, 12:57 pm I have one and one and like it. I prefer the full grip and the extra barrel length feels better balanced.

To be honest, if I could have only one I’d stick with the regular P365 with 12-round mags. But since I don’t have to stick with one, I picked up an XL as a backup and to try with the optic.

No feedback on the optic yet. I pre-ordered the Romeo 0 when they were on sale at Optics Planet but haven’t received it yet.
$30 to Sig gets you an XL frame module that fits the non XL slide perfectly. The change in how the gun feels and shoots is pretty substantial.
laserguy

Post by laserguy »

I LOVE my regular P365, it is the only gun I carry now, I used to carry my P320 in .40 cal when I was in the woods but the light weight and compact design of the P365 along with high quality 147gr ammo just seems like there is no point carrying the extra weight.

I have really been wanting to handle the XL to see if it might be a better option, I would imagine you would get a little more velocity out of the longer barrel and the longer sight radius would help with accuracy (not that my P365 has any problems there)