North American Arms 22s.

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
thom
ArizonaShooting.org Member

North American Arms 22s.

Post by thom »

Just asking to see if there are that many owned here? I agree they are a novelty, but the do fire 22 magnums.

Thom
Last edited by thom on October 28th, 2019, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

cool arrow

Re: North American Arms 22s.

Post by cool arrow »

I have a couple and carry one daily. Good little pistols and very concealable.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

A friend of mine was attacked by two pit bulls a few years ago and used one of those to kill both dogs.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: October 28th, 2019, 6:30 am A friend of mine was attacked by two pit bulls a few years ago and used one of those to kill both dogs.
A 9 is fine, but a .22 will do.... :D
Flash

Post by Flash »

Considering the muzzle flash you get with one of those little guns shooting a .22 Magnum, you can always set the bad guy on fire if you don't kill him.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

And, then there is the noise of a 22mag derringer! I wore out a NAA 4" Black Widow on rattlers, back when I first fenced in my place. Didn't like it much, for snake, but it sure carried nice.
fredcdobbs

Post by fredcdobbs »

Carried a pocket clip .22lr NAA for years, about 5 years ago got home from work emptied my pockets and belt on my patio bar, grabbed a brew and started to watch the world series, went to grab my brew for a swig and knocked the mini off the bar hit the concrete and BLAM the f*** went through my calf and up into a bar sign behind me.Got rid of the bastard a few days later. I still have the hollow point that ended up in the picture frame. Lucky for me the wound was an entrance and exit in the meat of my leg, could have been up through my jaw and into the gray matter. No calling or going in for meds, self treated with no problems, still went to work the next day. :D
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

I rather like mine as it really weighs no more than a pocket knife.
NBC_LT

Post by NBC_LT »

I have carried the folding clip type .22 Mag for over 6 years in case home invasion. It is perfect, sometimes I forget its in my pocket, that is why the clip is nice so it does not fall out when you drop your drawers. Just shot it at night out at the Big Sandy with the wife during a night shoot so she could experience the flash and controls in low light. Was using Speer short barrel defense loads, so maybe they put a less "flashy" powder inside?? The flash was not bad. I have dropped mine a few times, never went off - the safety position (recess that the hammer falls into) in the cylinder worked every time to avoid discharge.

Accuracy is another thing with the pocket clip having play in the grip. I have trouble placing shots after 15 feet. Everything within 8 feet is toast tho-
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

I keep mine loaded with snake shot.

I figure if someone can take 5 rounds of snake shot in the face, I deserve whatever comes next.
GunNut

Post by GunNut »

We own several
Great guns, well made, accurate up close
Not my personal carry
Better than a stick IF that was all I had
No one has ever agreed to take 5 rounds of 22lr or 22 mag. in the chest so...…….
thom

Post by thom »

cool arrow wrote: October 29th, 2019, 9:19 pm I keep mine loaded with snake shot.

I figure if someone can take 5 rounds of snake shot in the face, I deserve whatever comes next.
I haven't thought about snake shot it one. That is a good idea. I keep mine loaded with 22 mag though.
1bardan+

Post by 1bardan+ »

Carried a pocket clip .22lr NAA for years, about 5 years ago got home from work emptied my pockets and belt on my patio bar, grabbed a brew and started to watch the world series, went to grab my brew for a swig and knocked the mini off the bar hit the concrete and BLAM the f*** went through my calf and up into a bar sign behind me

I keep a blank under the hammer on mine because it looks like an injury waiting to happen
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

1bardan+ wrote: March 1st, 2020, 8:46 pm Carried a pocket clip .22lr NAA for years, about 5 years ago got home from work emptied my pockets and belt on my patio bar, grabbed a brew and started to watch the world series, went to grab my brew for a swig and knocked the mini off the bar hit the concrete and BLAM the f*** went through my calf and up into a bar sign behind me

I keep a blank under the hammer on mine because it looks like an injury waiting to happen
Why not just put the hammer in the safety notch? Also, that story is exactly like the other one listed above. Same guy? :think:
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Solar_Empire wrote: March 1st, 2020, 9:14 pm
"Why not just put the hammer in the safety notch? Also, that story is exactly like the other one listed above. Same guy? :think:"
Agreed,... maintaining a weapon in a safe state isn't rocket science. Pushing the safety envelope isn't rare, either,.. imo. I know, I did, for many years,... many years ago.

And, yes, I also remember reading, on the net, a story very similar to the above, but possibly with a different caliber, if memory serves me,... interesting.