North American Arms 22s.

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Bullzaye
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: North American Arms 22s.

Post by Bullzaye »

cool arrow wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:36 pm maybe, maybe not, but my use of the NAA and snake shot would be up close and personal, and to buy me time to get to something bigger...
That's cool. So long as you have a plan for "if" the first attempt falls short.

cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

I do.

At both my houses, something of a larger caliber and capacity is no more than 15ft away in any direction, same in my vehicles.

That said, again, if someone can handle 5 rounds of snake shot in the face and still get to me, I guess I deserve the ass whoopin'
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Cool Arrow,... I think you may want to rethink your MO. I have owned a single shot NAA derringer, and, being up close and personal can result in only getting one round off,.... or, none.

Most guys I know, just won't stand still for someone to get off five rounds of a single action derringer. Not to mention, that defensive movement could result in just a flesh wound from #12 snake shot from a 22 lr cartridge.

I suggest that a solid bullet would have much better results/penetration, and, if only your first round found its target, you would be better off than just having their scalp peeled back by a shot load.

Back in the early years of this countries underworld/criminal element, the 22 lr pistol was the caliber of choice for up close and personal work. Even the Israeli Mossad,... https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/ ... ad-22-lrs/ ,... utilized the mouse caliber with good results.

JMO,... Be safe!
Last edited by shooter444 on March 31st, 2020, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

food for thought...hollow points can do some damage, but these little buggers are not accurate outside of say 15-20 feet, which was why I switched to the snake shot
Toy00taco
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Toy00taco »

After reading through this thread I’m a little more interested these, does anyone have any experience with the belt buckle? Is it just held in by a magnet? Curious how secure it is in the belt buckle.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

has a weird mechanism and a magnet to lock it into the buckle.

I don't have one, but have seen them throughout the years.

I carry mine in the change pocket in my jeans, perfect fit
thom

Post by thom »

I carry mine with the pocket clip. It resembles a pocket knife clip in pants. I also have one that has the belt buckle.