Latest offering from KelTec

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Latest offering from KelTec

Post by shooter444 »

My favorite flavor of LR just went from $3 and change, to, almost $6,... I think that is outrageous!!!

Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Flash wrote: September 23rd, 2019, 11:33 am Quality .22 MAG goes for around $10.00/box/50 rounds. You can get it cheaper but mostly that's what it costs.
Up to 9mm prices. For 22 mag. Wow.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Personally, I would prefer carrying 22LR for self defense rather than 9mm,... hmmm, in actuality,... I DO!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I would have no problem with a .22 for self defense, as long as it's good ammo and the gun runs like a sewing machine with it.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Hey Doc,... we all have read, or heard, that the rifle is our best form of self defense and how a handgun is a good tool to get you to your rifle. I think in certain circumstances, a palm size handgun in a front pocket can possibly be more accessible than a primary concealed carry piece, and therefore could be quicker to defense,... as well as putting an attacker on the defense, and thereby allowing a few seconds to get a primary concealed defense piece.

Of course, if time allows, accessing your primary defense tool first, is more desirable.

Bottom line, a 22 palm size pocket piece is (IMO) better than throwing a punch,... before accessing a primary concealed defense piece, in a close up and personal attack.

There is a purpose for every self defense firearm made, when used within its limitations,... imo.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

shooter444 wrote: September 26th, 2019, 7:06 am Hey Doc,... we all have read, or heard, that the rifle is our best form of self defense and how a handgun is a good tool to get you to your rifle. I think in certain circumstances, a palm size handgun in a front pocket can possibly be more accessible than a primary concealed carry piece, and therefore could be quicker to defense,... as well as putting an attacker on the defense, and thereby allowing a few seconds to get a primary concealed defense piece.

Of course, if time allows, accessing your primary defense tool first, is more desirable.

Bottom line, a 22 palm size pocket piece is (IMO) better than throwing a punch,... before accessing a primary concealed defense piece, in a close up and personal attack.

There is a purpose for every self defense firearm made, when used within its limitations,... imo.
Completely agree...I like front pocket carry, it allows you to casually stand there and already have a grip on your firearm without setting off any alarms or anyone even knowing about it, so then it's just a matter of drawing from the pocket (without getting it snagged on something) Much faster than having to lift a shirt then holster draw. I also think pocket carry is harder to spot, if someone is trying to see if there's a gun on you, they look at the right-side belt area for printing first.

I always think if I feel threatened, put my hand in a pocket, criminals (and cops) love to see empty hands and some will know if your hand is in your pocket, there's a good chance you're probably ready to go with something to defend yourself, knife, gun, whatever. I've had scruffy people/beggars beelining towards me at gas stations, I made eye contact, put my hand in my pocket and all of a sudden they changed course. Maybe coincidence, maybe not, but it worked.

Only thing I have concerns about with pocket carry is where my firearm is pointing when I'm sitting, like in a restaurant. Sometimes I'll slightly offset my position from the person across from me, just to keep it pointed in a safe direction. Don't want to break any safety rules. :D
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Yup!!! "SAFETY" above all else, Doc!!!

I was reading over an old post about 1911 drawing/carrying. It seemed that the poster was under the impression that a 1911 could be carried cocked with safety off,... VERY BAD JUJU in my opinion!

Also, he posted about drawing, putting his finger on the trigger, and then removing safety before acquiring a target. He presented this technique as a possibly correct method for properly drawing a 1911,... I know of nothing about this posted procedure, to be correct.

I have carried 1911's since my early teens, I was schooled to,... DRAW,...THUMB the safety while drawing, with trigger finger on the side of the frame until I had my sights on target. Any other procedure is just out side of my realm of safety. :whistle: But, to each their own!
rbking

Post by rbking »

Been using KelTec's since 1996, when I have bought my P 11. Payed through the nose to get my hands on a PMR 30, 6 years ago. Very happy and pleased with it though. I have put a lot of documented rounds,(2000+), down range since then. It has held up well. Unfortunately it's fussy with ammo. Shoots everything, but some brands and bullet weights. Just won't group worth beans.

Lucked out and got a CP 33 couple months ago. Wasn't a super deal price wise. But wasn't shafted, like with the PMR 30. Loads of fun to shoot. Much more economical than the PMR 30. But the magazines are a bear to load. Very fussy, regarding overall length and nose profile of cartridge. .980 OAL, seems to be the magic number for ease of loading into the magazines. Also getting a full 33 rounds into a mag, can be problematical. If I can load 28 I'm happy, and don't worry about being 5 short.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Keltec.

Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Not looking good at all...and this was a 'test gun' from KelTec, you would have thought they sent out a good one...

Norinco
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Norinco »

I have 2 p17 ,they are the best 22lr semi auto pistols I have owned. I love them!
Hammer 35

Post by Hammer 35 »

Looks pretty neat. It would have been nice if it was optics ready.

I wouldn't mind seeing a full size version optic ready to use as a pinker.