Glock 26 slide

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Glock 26 slide

Post by XJThrottle »

My neighbor has a 26 with a bunch of machine work done to the slide, and a ported barrel. She brought it over this afternoon to show me a crack the slide developed. This looks like they took it down a touch too far. Other than a new slide, what are her options? A new slide would have to be cut for the barrel porting, or she buy a new barrel too...
6C70C6BA-6E2A-430E-8849-216D6F9D246C.jpeg

Desert Rat
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Glock 26 slide

Post by Desert Rat »

That is an interesting location for it to crack. I wonder why they would have done any machining in that area? I am not expert, but, I have typically seen machining on the upper half of the slide when it is done.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

The whole slide is heavily machined. You can see the belt notch, or whatever the acual name is. The polished areas near the ejection port are the normal width. The parts that are still black are probably a 1/16" cut in. It's got huge cuts top and both sides near the barrel. All the work looks very professional, and was a neat looking gun. She got it used, so not 100% sure on who did it.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Maybe someone recognizes the work.
697537D9-911C-42FF-B622-C63E8DED1E8A.jpeg
505EAB7C-C145-4DA0-9F90-C6B88B18DCD5.jpeg
9AFCF4CD-F715-4EA5-9CEA-1553DCA3CC77.jpeg
was21

Post by was21 »

Whoever did this should not have access to a mill.... or firearms IMO!
Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

XJThrottle wrote: July 7th, 2019, 7:42 pm The whole slide is heavily machined. You can see the belt notch, or whatever the acual name is. The polished areas near the ejection port are the normal width. The parts that are still black are probably a 1/16" cut in. It's got huge cuts top and both sides near the barrel. All the work looks very professional, and was a neat looking gun. She got it used, so not 100% sure on who did it.
OK, now that I zoom in and take a closer look, I see what you mean by the original thickness showing up at the ejection port. So, yes they did take some material off along the area where the slide meets the frame. It does look like they did a good job on the machining and it is an interesting design. I don't think I would have removed material along the bottom of the slide.
I believe that a new slide is in order, if the barrel still has life in it, maybe just get that slide ported.

But not the rest of the slide like last time :shock:
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Soo... Who should she go to? East valley preferred. She's at C2 Tempe pretty frequently (far more than I).