S&W M&P's.... My Choice.

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Hansen
ArizonaShooting.org Member

S&W M&P's.... My Choice.

Post by Hansen »

I prefer the M&P's now. All have the Apex triggers and Tru-Glo TFX sights.....

I do like the new 2.0's too! I have the M&P 9c and M&P15 too.
Attachments
mp.jpg

Hansen

Re: S&W M&P's.... My Choice.

Post by Hansen »

Yes, the 2.0 no longer has the safety on it, I removed it!
Razai

Post by Razai »

I too appreciate what Smith managed with their M&P line, but there is no comparison between the 1.0 and 2.0 guns. They really got it right with the 2.0 Compact.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I tried to like the M&P; I really tried - but I could not get past the trigger on it. Yeah, I know you can get the aftermarket ones like the aforementioned APEX, but those are not cheap and it defeats one of the main draws to the M&P: the cost.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Bought a MP45 full size,no thumb safety, over a decade ago. I have liked it enough to sell all my old 45's., and pick up a Shield45 2.0, no thumb safety, a couple years ago.

Other than a red dot on the full size, both are stock, no mods, and have been 100% reliable and accurate!

Which is more than I can say for a few other 45's I have bought in the past.
Frankyoz
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Frankyoz »

Love my m&ps they are all 1.0 of they didn't already have apex triggers in mine I'd pick one up.
Martimus

Post by Martimus »

I own several M&P 1.0 pistols. All have Apex kits and triggers installed. Personally, other than the new M&P 9 Compact, I see no reason to replace any of them to the 2.0 variant.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

Razai wrote: May 15th, 2018, 9:03 pm I too appreciate what Smith managed with their M&P line, but there is no comparison between the 1.0 and 2.0 guns. They really got it right with the 2.0 Compact.
The 2.0 is nice.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

admin wrote: May 16th, 2018, 6:53 am I tried to like the M&P; I really tried - but I could not get past the trigger on it. Yeah, I know you can get the aftermarket ones like the aforementioned APEX, but those are not cheap and it defeats one of the main draws to the M&P: the cost.
The 1.0 are 39.99 and the 2.0 are expensive at 120.00 plus. But I bought the gun because it was better for me than the Glocks. Not due to price.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

shooter444 wrote: May 16th, 2018, 7:42 am Bought a MP45 full size,no thumb safety, over a decade ago. I have liked it enough to sell all my old 45's., and pick up a Shield45 2.0, no thumb safety, a couple years ago.

Other than a red dot on the full size, both are stock, no mods, and have been 100% reliable and accurate!

Which is more than I can say for a few other 45's I have bought in the past.
I used an M&P45 a few months ago and loved it better than the 1911's I had.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

Martimus wrote: May 18th, 2018, 11:58 pm I own several M&P 1.0 pistols. All have Apex kits and triggers installed. Personally, other than the new M&P 9 Compact, I see no reason to replace any of them to the 2.0 variant.
The only difference I feel between the two are in the trigger and how it is a bit smoother. With the Apex addition it went from 5.5 to about a 4.5 trigger pull. I wouldn't sell what I have for a 2.0, all my 1.0's will do exactly what the 2.0's all can do.
John Kuhns

Post by John Kuhns »

Unlike Hansen I opted to keep the safety on mine. Sure, I can remove it but am choosing not to.

As far as accuracy goes, it is a tack driver right out of the box. You all may remember a similar post on the old site where I mentioned it reminded me a lot of my old beloved 39-2 but with double the ammo capacity. It is my carry gun on a regular basis.
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

If S&W would have just put a better trigger in to begin with there wouldn’t be much discussion. Much more comfortable than Glock but the trigger “grit” and no reset wasn’t good. APEX fixed that then S&W did with the 2.0. What took so long?

Still holding to one Glock but waiting for a good trade.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

I didn't start using M&P till 2014, I liked it, but I also have used M&P's that are older than that and the triggers are junk. Form what I see from 2014 on they are much better. I added the Apex to enhance the gun.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

John Kuhns wrote: May 20th, 2018, 5:02 pm Unlike Hansen I opted to keep the safety on mine. Sure, I can remove it but am choosing not to.
Two reasons I removed the safety! #1 was during a force on force drill I actually engaged the safety on two separate occasions on the same day. While conducting live fire drills a week later, I did the same thing again.... I removed the safety that night! All my M&P's have NO safety, so I made this one emulate them too.

I have trained myself to treat my guns as they have no safety engagement on them. Since 1988 I have had no issue at all with this method and it continues on. No reason to change it up... I know of people that do leave the safeties on them and that is all well and good too.