S&W M&P's.... My Choice.

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
thom
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: S&W M&P's.... My Choice.

Post by thom »

Hansen wrote: May 20th, 2018, 3:32 pm
admin wrote: May 16th, 2018, 6:53 am I tried to like the M&P; I really tried - but I could not get past the trigger on it. Yeah, I know you can get the aftermarket ones like the aforementioned APEX, but those are not cheap and it defeats one of the main draws to the M&P: the cost.
The 1.0 are 39.99 and the 2.0 are expensive at 120.00 plus. But I bought the gun because it was better for me than the Glocks. Not due to price.
John, what did you mean the 1.0 are 39.99?

Thanks,
Thom

Quake_Guy

Post by Quake_Guy »

the 1.0 triggers can be bought for about $40, however on the M2.0 they are only sold as part of a kit for about $110...

once APEX sells the triggers by themselves, the M2.0 will be a slam dunk. The M2.0 triggers can benefit from the rest of the APEX kit, but they are fine as is, as long as that awful hinged trigger is replaced.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I can understand the hesitant attitude about the M&P two piece trigger. It took me back to my Glock hate days, real quick when I first picked one up. But the grip and overall feel overcame that, for me.

What I don't understand is why others, who like the rest of the pistol like myself, don't get more familiar with the trigger, to the point of becoming comfortable with it? It really didn't take long! Mine is as stock as the day it was shipped, never even considered upgrading to the infamous APEX. :roll:

Actually, these latest and greatest :whistle: hinged triggers remind me a little of the Geissele two stage trigger on my AR long shooter,... and, that is pretty much how I treat them.
Joelafives

Post by Joelafives »

Love mine. Main reason I bought them, made in the USA and fit my hand well. Glocks are good but always felt like I was shooting a brick.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

thom wrote: August 28th, 2018, 7:24 am
Hansen wrote: May 20th, 2018, 3:32 pm
admin wrote: May 16th, 2018, 6:53 am I tried to like the M&P; I really tried - but I could not get past the trigger on it. Yeah, I know you can get the aftermarket ones like the aforementioned APEX, but those are not cheap and it defeats one of the main draws to the M&P: the cost.
The 1.0 are 39.99 and the 2.0 are expensive at 120.00 plus. But I bought the gun because it was better for me than the Glocks. Not due to price.
John, what did you mean the 1.0 are 39.99?

Thanks,
Thom
Trigger prices.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

Quake_Guy wrote: August 30th, 2018, 9:56 pm the 1.0 triggers can be bought for about $40, however on the M2.0 they are only sold as part of a kit for about $110...

once APEX sells the triggers by themselves, the M2.0 will be a slam dunk. The M2.0 triggers can benefit from the rest of the APEX kit, but they are fine as is, as long as that awful hinged trigger is replaced.
This summer, we are trading in all the M&P 1.0's and replacing them with a new 2.0. Honestly, I will NOT be putting in an APEX trigger at all. I have a 2.0 and don't feel the need to replace the trigger. I have even put the original M&P trigger back in my 1.0 and really fell no difference at all between the two.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

One reason I have stopped using the APEX trigger is because most of the people I instruct (Civilians & Police, AZPOST) don't have an APEX. So I prefer to shoot with the same stuff they have to show them it can be done and you don't need to buy a trigger. Buying a trigger will NOT make you a better shooter from it alone.
MalD
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by MalD »

Hi everyone. I recently purchased an M&P 2.0 and I enjoy shooting with it. In trying to be a buy a gun and shoot it as it comes outta the box type of guy, I am wondering....does changing the trigger make much of a difference? If so, would you share your opinions with me please?
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I have had a S&W M&P45 gen1 full size for almost a decade now. I have listened to quite a few actual owners since then, and I have come to the conclusion that most of those who change out their triggers, like them better,... and most of those that don't, like them as they are.

Personally, I have never shot one with a trigger change out,... and I find the stock factory trigger, just fine. For me,... it is a pistol, not a rifle,... I am not interested in much work beyond 30 yards, so, I find the factory trigger quite adequate,... for my needs!
was21

Post by was21 »

Installed a lot of the Apex kits into 1.0’s.... one of the best improvements by model in the Apex line IMO.
Got my cousin up and running with his 2.0 with safety but he finally switched over to the compact with no safety and he is happier than a puppy with 2 peckers!