CZ Sp-01 or Sig P320

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
reconshawn
ArizonaShooting.org Member

CZ Sp-01 or Sig P320

Post by reconshawn »

So I'm in the market for a new gun. I'm looking at 2 guns, either the Sig P320 or the CZ SP-01.

Any thoughts and input on owners of these guns it would be appreciated

Razai

Re: CZ Sp-01 or Sig P320

Post by Razai »

Both are phenomenal. The SIG is considerably lighter. The CZ feels more substantial in the hand. SIG mags are usually more expensive. Both have great triggers in their respective categories.
As a SIG fan, I preferred the CZ, but I am classical and traditional at heart. As a shooter who carries what he owns, the P320 Compact was my favorite of the two.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

What do you want to use it for? I was impressed by my Sig P320 Carry...handled well, very comfortable.

The CZ SP-01 is a great handgun. Heavy, but the bore axis is so low, making it a very flat shooter; great for competition.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

as noted above, pending use, hard to side one way or another, i have the x5 in the 320 platform, and its a love session shooting it, have to take a rest in middle of the magazine, it holds so many, lol

and way more accurate than i am, but i can put it thru some paces on a good day.
hard to pick JUST ONE> ya know
Rj
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

CZ
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

I can't comment on the SP-01 as much as I can on the P320. I own P320's but my only experience with the SP-01 is from shooting my brother's. I am heavily biased toward hammer-fired guns. I've owned a lot of Glocks and Springfields, but divested myself of them all and had went strictly back to hammer-fired guns of the H&K, Sig, and Beretta flavor. When the Army choose the P320, I had to grab one to see why it won out over the others (being that Sig is known for hammer-fired guns). I first purchased an FDE Compact in 9mm after they made the change to the gun to address the drop safety issue. The out-of-the-box trigger is much better than Glock triggers and can be made ever better with some of the APEX kits. I really like the modularity of the platform. The gun feels great in my hand, it's accurate, and so far I haven't experienced any issues/malfunctions through the few thousand rounds I've put through it. I have heard that the P320s don't really like steel-cased ammo, but I never shoot steel-cased ammo, so I cannot comment on that. My normal EDC is an HK P2000sk V3 in 9mm, but recently I have toyed with the idea of switching over to my P320 Compact for EDC with its higher capacity, good size for AIWB carry, and nice trigger for a striker-fired gun. I've been carrying it the last few weeks and am thinking I will probably make the change. While I haven't actually weighed the two side-by-side, even though the P320C is a little larger that my P2000sk and has a higher capacity (+5 rds), it feels lighter when carrying than my P2000sk does (though this could be due to using two different holsters)...

If you're looking for a carry gun I would go with the P320C or X-Carry out of the two options; however, the CZ P-01 is a pretty nice compact for a hammer-fired carry gun. If you're going for more of a competition gun, I would go with the SP-01 due to my preference for hammer-fired guns.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

If the concern is weight in the SP-01, check out the phantom.
HDS
Banned
Banned

Post by HDS »

Why limit yourself. Is it a money issue
reconshawn

Post by reconshawn »

Lol, you guys are all amazing!! A lot of great information put out here, I think for now I"m going with the CZ. I picked up the Phantom today, feels like a great gun. I do plan on buying the SIG as well, need too build up some more funds first. Thank you!