CZ-75 SA

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
RJS
ArizonaShooting.org Member

CZ-75 SA

Post by RJS »

I've owed several CZ-75s over the years. A excellent design that even Jeff Cooper approved of even though it was only a 9mm. The SA variant has a blade trigger that has a nice feel to it. the trigger pull is noticably lighter than the standard DA version. It comes with two 16 rd mags and Mec-gar makes 17 and 19rd mags. So your not locked into buying over priced factory mags. A very well made all steal pistol in a world of plastic striker fire pistols. This one is a keeper.

shooter444

Re: CZ-75 SA

Post by shooter444 »

I have always been attracted to their SA model,... the flat trigger always intrigued me.

But, I haven't done 9mm in a very long time, and have no interest in going back to it.

Now, if they did it in 45acp, well, what else need be said. :whistle:
RJS

Post by RJS »

the 97 is in 45acp. Its DA/SA
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Flat trigger?

Single Action?
RJS

Post by RJS »

No it SA/DA like the other CZ's
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

:roll: I know,... that is why I don't have one. :roll:
nvgdude

Post by nvgdude »

shooter444 wrote: March 16th, 2019, 4:32 pm :roll: I know,... that is why I don't have one. :roll:
If the action is the same as the 75 (I don't know) then you could always get an SA Only conversion trigger from CZ Custom up in Mesa.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

What did you forget?
That's right -- pictures!

Get right on that, please. :-)
azdover

Post by azdover »

shooter444 wrote: March 15th, 2019, 7:19 pm I have always been attracted to their SA model,... the flat trigger always intrigued me.

But, I haven't done 9mm in a very long time, and have no interest in going back to it.

Now, if they did it in 45acp, well, what else need be said. :whistle:
Don’t discount the CZ DA/SA pistols just yet. You can get a real nice SA pull in one by using one of CZ Custom's Short Reach Double Action DA Trigger Kit for B model pistols (they're in the local area in Mesa). I think it will work in a CZ97B but I'm sure the folks at CZ Customs could let you know for sure. I used it and some other parts to convert my CZ75 SA to DA/SA because the trigger pull was way too light for me at about 2.5 pounds after I put one of their aftermarket hammers in my gun. After the conversion, their short reach kit still gave me a 9 pound DA pull and a 3.5 to 4 pound SA trigger pull with very little creep and a much shorter reset. Almost but not quite as good as a tuned 1911 but still very respectable.

You can carry a CZ DA/SA in SA mode cocked and locked with the thumb safety on like a 1911 so every trigger pull is SA. Or you can carry in DA mode with the hammer down on a live round with the first shot DA and the rest SA. However, DA carry is a little unnerving because you have to chamber a round first and then pull the trigger while guarding the hammer until it’s safely down. The CZ 75/97 B (for “blocked”) models have a firing pin safety block that’s actuated by the trigger so they “shouldn’t” fire unless the trigger is pulled in DA mode. Needless to say, not my preferred method of carry.

And of course, the mandatory pictures - the converted CZ75 is the bottom gun. Top is a CZ75B Compact
nvgdude

Post by nvgdude »

azdover wrote: August 18th, 2019, 9:22 pm
Don’t discount the CZ DA/SA pistols just yet. You can get a real nice SA pull in one by using one of CZ Custom's Short Reach Double Action DA Trigger Kit for B model pistols (they're in the local area in Mesa). I think it will work in a CZ97B but I'm sure the folks at CZ Customs could let you know for sure.
The short reach mostly changes the trigger geometry (for the better), but doesn't eliminate the long take-up when shooting SA.

The SA conversion trigger on the other hand, does eliminate the take up (though of course, disables DA mode)

I just wish they would make an SA only trigger for my P-07
Jsgunrepair

Post by Jsgunrepair »

As far as the CZ Da/Sa guns, Cajun gunworks makes a short reset kit that drops the triggerweight by 40-50%, and also makes a full hammer/sear/trigger "performance" kit that *really* improves the DA/SA trigger on CZs. The Cajun kits are available for both the 9mm guns (all variations) and the .45s.
madmike

Post by madmike »

I own a CZ75 SA its just great.Got rid of all my Glocks.Do they make a 75b sa compact.