Glock vs The World

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Crippledtrigger
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Glock vs The World

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Glock perfection! Who's in?

When I went all 9mm a long time ago I dumped all my 1911s and remaining S&W Autos and went all Glock All the Time.

After all, as the man says, Its a Glock world!

The one exception is a Shield which I will probably dispose of for a 43 sometime soon.

I miss 1911s and still drool over steel and Wood and even feel like a heretic at times but there's no turning back. If I bought even one 9mm 1911 the resulting relapse may induce bankruptcy and divorce.

shooter444

Re: Glock vs The World

Post by shooter444 »

First time I picked up a Glock was a couple decades ago.
Held it for almost a minute, put it back down and have never held one again.
Just not my thing.
effjaybay

Post by effjaybay »

I've had my G19 since '04. Since then, I've picked up a G26 and put together a couple of Polymer80 pistols with Glock parts.
Rubber Duck

Post by Rubber Duck »

I love my Glocks but the CZ75 is my baby all the way as far as 9mm goes.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

I own a pile of glocks. But I have a soft spot for the all metal S&Ws...Don't tell anyone.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My favorite handgun to shoot is still the SIG P226. Unfortunately, it's just not realistic to use it as a carry piece - it's just too wide. While GLOCK's don't win any beauty contests, they really do "just work" and are stupid-simple, so I have a pile of them and that's what I carry - typically a G43. I have plenty of other guns I like to shoot - and a lot that I like better than a GLOCK for many reasons, but I train and practice with what I carry.
nvgdude

Post by nvgdude »

Sold the one Glock I owned (G20) and bought a Delta Elite instead.

Even with a 3.5 lb disconnector the Glock trigger was mushy and indistinct. I admit that it was more accurate than I expected though. (also ginormously huge in the grip)
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

I’m a fan of striker fired and have about 8 or so different Glocks, my favorite right now though is a H&K VP40 I picked up last month.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

In July 2014, I switched to the M&P family. I used Glocks from 1986 to 2014, I found the M&P firearms to be a better fit a lot better for me. I haven't looked back either. I did try to go use a Glock this past April and couldn't get the feel for it. And the Canik Turkish gun may just give Glock a small run too, seeing more and more of them in the classes this year.
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

If Glock would redo the grip that feels like gripping a 2x4, they may actually have a perfect firearm.... I don't believe they are near "Perfection" yet...
Razai

Post by Razai »

I have owned just about all there is in my quest to find The Gun. There isn't one. I am an incurable 1911 and SIG fan, but I've also owned over 100 Berettas. Go figure. The strangest thing is that no matter how much I was to dislike Glocks, I always end up going back to them for my carry guns. Nothing carries as well as a G19 (in that size, anyway), and it is pretty tough to beat the 43 for the same reason. The P365 might change that, but I really can't help liking Glocks. They will never be as smooth as a SIG or as ergonomic, but they work, work well, carry well, and the mags are fantastic.
Berd

Post by Berd »

Really considered going to the M&P 2.0 after hearing some people rave about it.

But I'm so balls deep in Glocks, mags, and time behind it that I'll stick to it for any serious use.

I have started shooting a 92F in competition. I must admit it's a sweet shooting pistol.

But if you told me I'd be walking out the door and getting in a gunfight, and I could only use a pistol.

Glock, every damn time.
Noshoot

Post by Noshoot »

Hansen wrote: May 15th, 2018, 8:24 pm In July 2014, I switched to the M&P family. I used Glocks from 1986 to 2014, I found the M&P firearms to be a better fit a lot better for me. I haven't looked back either. I did try to go use a Glock this past April and couldn't get the feel for it. And the Canik Turkish gun may just give Glock a small run too, seeing more and more of them in the classes this year.
This is me as well. I made the switch back in Febuary of 2015. Tried using a G34 for 3 gun, but it didn't work out, so I stayed with M&P. I have a G43 for carry only because it fit my hand better than the shield. I may give a 5th Gen G17 a try just to see if it has helped matters any for my comfort.
ArizonaGreenTea
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by ArizonaGreenTea »

Similar to most that have switched from Glock to M&P line, went from Glock in end of 90s to about 2017 I picked up a few M&P9c's and have been quite satisfied with the ergonomics of them. While I still have probably a dozen Glocks or so left, I think my next compact to full size carries will be M&Ps of the 9mm flavor as well.
Seif

Post by Seif »

Rubber Duck wrote: May 15th, 2018, 12:53 pm I love my Glocks but the CZ75 is my baby all the way as far as 9mm goes.
I agree with this 100%. I love Glocks but as soon as I got my CZ75B I haven't looked back.