Glock19x

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
f18hornet11
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Glock19x

Post by f18hornet11 »

I may have missed it but what is everyone opinion regarding the Glock 19x. I am thinking about picking one up and just wanted to read some first hand reviews. I have talk with several other firearm instructors that I teach with but just have not had the time to pick one up for myself. I have not been a glock fan for a long time but I am willing to give them another shot. Thanks in advance.

338lapua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Glock19x

Post by 338lapua »

It is a Glock 17 frame with the slide from a Glock 19. I carried a 19 for years but did not like the way it fit my hand. The 19X actually fits my hand and I really like it. The larger frame tames the recoil of the 19 slide. Do yourself a favor and get a better trigger, for years I thought the 3.5 pound connector was awesome until I tried the Vogel trigger then the Johnny Glocks competition trigger that breaks under 1 pound, now I know what a trigger really is. Both these triggers come with all the parts highly polished, very nice triggers.

Funny thing is I let a guy from Glock do a free clean and lube on my Glock 17 with my 19 slide on it about 20 years ago and now they are selling it. I should sue Glock as well as Monsanto for marketing my ideas or my chemical blends.
AZGlock21

Post by AZGlock21 »

I am a big fan of the 19x. I have always been a Commander fan as far as 1911s go and this is basically a Glock version Commander if you get what I am saying. Shoot one, I think you will like it.
PK90

Post by PK90 »

The G45 is out now. A black G19X with front serrations.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

I will definitely pick one up sometime. Just have to find the right deal on one. They have sold a metric sh!t ton of them. I love, love, love shooting a full size Glock, so this fits the bill perfectly.

I'm in no hurry, I have a dozen or so G19's. Some worth a pretty penny, but won't be getting rid of those at all.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Ive shot one just last week.Very accurate,pretty.But Im just not sold on the concept yet.
Paintwerkz

Post by Paintwerkz »

Rock Hardson wrote: September 25th, 2018, 5:38 pm I will definitely pick one up sometime. Just have to find the right deal on one. They have sold a metric sh!t ton of them. I love, love, love shooting a full size Glock, so this fits the bill perfectly.

I'm in no hurry, I have a dozen or so G19's. Some worth a pretty penny, but won't be getting rid of those at all.
If you haven’t grabbed one yet ammo az has the 19x and the new g45 in stock. Starting on Tuesday they’re gonna do some sick in store only deals that won’t be advertised. I suspect glock stuff will be on sale too (below map)!
Mossberg

Post by Mossberg »

I’ve carried a G19 3rd gen for years and have been wanting an updated version. I havent seen any G19X available but I did pick up a G45 today. Although I haven’t shot it, I can tell just by the feel I’m gonna like it.
landon

Post by landon »

Hey Mossberg... where did you find that G45?
Mossberg

Post by Mossberg »

I shopped everywhere online and everyone was sold out. Got it right here locally at Glockmeister in Mesa.
landon

Post by landon »

Mossberg wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:25 pm I shopped everywhere online and everyone was sold out. Got it right here locally at Glockmeister in Mesa.
Nice!
Mossberg

Post by Mossberg »

Ya they said they are expecting to get some G19X in next week but when I fondled the G45 I was fully stimulated so I spent that check.
landon

Post by landon »

Just doing your part by fully Stimulating the economy.
Dace

Post by Dace »

I think the Glock 17 frame fits my hand the best. You need to shoot one to make sure you like it.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

I finally picked on up and I love it. I prefer full size pistols, but like all sizes