Sig P365 - Hypeworthy?

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
TomI
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Sig P365 - Hypeworthy?

Post by TomI »

I have been thinking about picking one up... maybe for a Christmas present for myself. My main concern is every time I try to go to a small pistol for ccw, I always decide to go back to a bigger one. I have tried the Glock 26 and 43, only to go back to the 19, and currently carry a 320 x carry cut down into a compact size. Just wondering if I will really utilize the 365...any opinions?

Razai

Post by Razai »

I’m as big a fan of SIG as you’ll find, but the G43 actually feels better in my hand than the 365. That is what it will boil down to. If you aren’t comfortable shooting it, you won practice with or carry it.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

You should rent one first.

I shot my P365 next to my friends G43. The Glock felt snappy compared to the P365, and the Sig makes you realize how shitty the stock Glock trigger actually is.

FWIW, the Sig P365 holds TWICE the capacity of the Glock 43, and is smaller. I carry my P365 daily, and I shoot with it at least once a month...it's a great little carry gun. I carry it with the flush 10 rd mag, and carry the 12 round mag as a spare.
DADoser
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by DADoser »

I bought one in July from AZ Firearms &Collectibles Tempe. It was "like new" but did not appear it was ever fired. had waranty card, etc. May 15th build date. Long story short - first 1000 rounds various ammo I had 7 FTE - not ammo specific. I contacted Sig and sent it in. They did their thing and I have had 1000+ flawless rounds through it since the fix. I have gone to it almost exclusively for EDC with an occasion EDC of my Walther PPS M2. I shoot the PPS slightly better, but not significantly at self-defense distances.

I think Sig has the bugs worked out at this point. I would be hesitant to buy a used one pre-July build date - but current dates should be good. And if you have issues, send it in and Sig will take care of you/it....at least that's my experience.
DT EDC 2.JPG
I do not use the claw attachment. I carry at approx 4:00 position and find the claw doesn't do much for me in that position with my body type.
EDC Switch 1.JPG
EDC Switch 2.JPG
mstoffoguns

Post by mstoffoguns »

They are nice. I like mine. Glock or sig... what fits your hand better. Test fire some of each and see which fits better. The gun shop in Benson AZ has a few in for sale as they can be hard to find. I have a glock, S&W shield and the 365 gets most carry time.
G34

Post by G34 »

QuietM4 wrote: December 20th, 2018, 9:56 am You should rent one first.

I shot my P365 next to my friends G43. The Glock felt snappy compared to the P365, and the Sig makes you realize how shitty the stock Glock trigger actually is.

FWIW, the Sig P365 holds TWICE the capacity of the Glock 43, and is smaller. I carry my P365 daily, and I shoot with it at least once a month...it's a great little carry gun. I carry it with the flush 10 rd mag, and carry the 12 round mag as a spare.
I guess I’m the exact opposite. I think both trigger suck. That’s why they get changed immediately. The sig was long and mooshy with a weird reset.for me
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

How many times have they been redesigned by now?
semperfisurveyor

Post by semperfisurveyor »

Currently at gen III
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

Doesn't give me a lot of confidence.