Bear Creek's Glock clone...nope

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
pneuby
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Bear Creek's Glock clone...nope

Post by pneuby »

kenpoprofessor

Re: Bear Creek's Glock clone...nope

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Well, it looks like I won't be in a rush to go buy one. If'n I see one pop up for sale at a good price I'll snag it just so I can play with it and see if I can make it better.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Anything from Bear Creek is cheap junk.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

QuietM4 wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 3:18 pm Anything from Bear Creek is cheap junk.

So, do you own, or have you owned, anything from them? If you have, what was your experience? I have quite a bit of their stuff, only had a problem with one barrel that doesn't like steel case, but they tell you not to shoot it out of their barrels. So, it's on me to fix it.

I hear about what crappy guns HiPoints are, I own two, the people telling me how bad they are own none.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Never owned, but I've certainly fixed dozens. s*** chambers, tons of chatter. Always close on NOGO and FIELD gauges. Misaligned and undersized gas ports. Non-square shoulders and threads. Barrel extensions non-concentric and index pins not in line with gas port. They are junk.
Cbvanb
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Cbvanb »

I guess I’m lucky. I have several Bear Creek side charger uppers, and I think one or two Grendel barrels. When I was hunting hogs a lot in the south I put a couple thousand rounds a year through those builds without a hiccup. I know there are higher quality components available, but BC worked well for the purpose.
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

QuietM4 wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 3:52 pm Never owned, but I've certainly fixed dozens. s*** chambers, tons of chatter. Always close on NOGO and FIELD gauges. Misaligned and undersized gas ports. Non-square shoulders and threads. Barrel extensions non-concentric and index pins not in line with gas port. They are junk.

All of that is terrible and a quality manufacturer should have Quality Control measures in place to keep them from going out the door. What you're seeing is obviously the stuff that doesn't work. Doesn't mean that other items have the same issues. I bought an upper on a Black Friday deal that was SO cheap I'm not sure how they sourced the parts. Followed a lot of internet advice and pulled it apart then reassembled it. Not before I ran 100 trouble free runs through it though. Honestly wanted to see if the handguard, barrel or bolt would come loose like trolls were saying. Never found anything loose or terribly wrong. I didn't remove the gas block so no comment on sizing, but it runs well so I got that going for me.