Makarov sights

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
gringofusilero
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Makarov sights

Post by gringofusilero »

So I have an old Bulgarian Makarov that I'd like to get some actual sights put on. Anyone know of a good gunsmith (preferably in the east valley) who could cut some sight notches in the slide? With actual sights my little Mak could finally be a real boy.

Yugmoto1
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Makarov sights

Post by Yugmoto1 »

In addition to all the other stuff I'd like to do, I have always thought it would be neat to kind of customize a Mak. I couldn't bring myself to do it to any of mine, they're all in really nice condition, but if I found one that was a little ratty I'd do it. I was thinking that sights for a Browning Hi-Power might be the right size, but I'm not sure. I've heard good things about Wright Armory on the east side, but I have no experience myself with them. You might check them out. If you do it post some pics. Having said all that, if your gun is in nice condition, please leave it like it is... A good friend of mine Cerakoted a really nice one and I still haven't forgiven him.
samnev

Re: Makarov sights

Post by samnev »

I have a number of Makarov's but the one I shoot most often is a Russian import with adjustable sights. Forgot the name of the maker.