Concealed Carry: G43 vs 43X

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
AZSteve
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Concealed Carry: G43 vs 43X

Post by AZSteve »

If you’ve conceal-carried BOTH a Glock 43 and a Glock 43X, I’m looking for your input:

Does the 43’s better concealability make the reduced capacity worth it? (compared to a 43X)

Is there a real difference in IWB concealability and comfort between the 43 and the 43X?

I’m leaning towards the 43X, but concerned I may later find it uncomfortable in an IWB scenario and wish I’d gone with a 43.

kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Concealed Carry: G43 vs 43X

Post by kenpoprofessor »

I switch between a Shield Plus and a Glock 17, and when I can find a holster for the Masada at the right price, I'll swap with that one as well. Appendix for me, and I carry IWB with a Kydex Koozi of my own creation.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
WhiteDragon

Post by WhiteDragon »

The 43 is my gun I carry when I don't wanna carry a gun. Bare minimum w a 9 round mag and spare. The 43X gives you a lot more control plus you can get 15rd mags. Heavier and slightly bulkier. Your pick between comfort and control/capacity.
OMart

Post by OMart »

My EDC is split between a Taurus Spectrum (pocket) and S&W Shield Plus (kidney). I deal with a lot of Glocks but I am not a Glock guy. In my opinion though, the 43X is the better of the two primarily due to grip length. Many customers come to look at the 43 and leave with a 43X. I would seriously look into the Shield Plus though. It comes in many flavors but you should be able to find one optic ready, with night sites and the newer flat trigger at about $400 or less. Look for the AG edition otherwise the price will be higher.
Maddog1

Post by Maddog1 »

I own both and carry both depends where you carry iwb. Appendix carry vs at 2 or 3 oclock