Shield 30 carry

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Shield 30 carry

Post by knockonit »

Who has one, and why, how does it shoot, ect, ect, not interested in vids from the webster, or testaments from your other brothers mothers off spring, :lol: first hand if any, or and fondlers of the product, :shock:
thanks
Rj

kenpoprofessor

Re: Shield 30 carry

Post by kenpoprofessor »

knockonit wrote: November 8th, 2023, 4:19 pm Who has one, and why, how does it shoot, ect, ect, not interested in vids from the webster, or testaments from your other brothers mothers off spring, :lol: first hand if any, or and fondlers of the product, :shock:
thanks
Rj
Yea, I'd like to know as well. I just picked up an Ermox Xdefense fire the last weekend, and that thing had a trigger like an ugly, fat chick that won't even give you a handy. Well, lo and behold, it's a Glock clone, so, pulled out a slide kit I had and swapped the striker and such, fits perfectly. The spring on the stock Ermox rubs in the cylinder it's in, so, new striker spring and now it's crisp as glass. All the videos I watched on it said the trigger wasn't bad, they lied.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

Got this great review from another site i'm on, just thought i'd share it,
happy friday :D
Rj

Not sure if you are inquiring about the EZ or plus, but I do own the plus. I'm 32 and around 180lbs with medium hands (Size 9 gloves). I've got about 600 rds through it. I carry Irons only, no red dot. It comes from the factory with tritium night sights plus the front sight has an orange ring. Disclaimer, I have a thing for oddball stuff. I like 16 and 28 gauge shotguns and actually own a glock in 45 GAP :shocked

14 rounds on tap with an additional 16 on the belt is hard to beat IMO. It's bread and butter is 3 more trigger pulls vs a 9mm in its class. I am more that willing to sacrifice some ballistic performance for more ammunition. I fell into the niche perfectly but most probably won't.

It shoots pretty much like a 9mm honestly, while the bullet is lighter the chamber pressure is significantly higher. Seems to balance out in the recoil department. I rented a 9mm plus just out of curiosity and if you handed one to me blindfolded I don't honestly think I would've noticed the difference. Dimensionally identical, technically lighter than the 9mm plus but you'd never know it (like 1 oz or so). Accuracy, mag changes, etc were like any other pistol in its class.

I carry in the pocket about 75% of the time nowadays with an appropriate holster. I retired my 360pd as my pocket rocket permanently and bought a p365 to replace it, it was ok but it just never really clicked for me. Even though the 365 is two ounces lighter it felt heavier than the shield plus to me and it never sat in my pocket right. Constantly felt like it wanted to summersault. The p365 mags were the first mags in my life I couldn't load without an uplula, they were a PITA. Shield mags were no problem. I was thinking of going to a 380 but the 30sc plus was released and I bought one. Ditched the p365 and never looked back. I think comparing this to a 9mm isn't the way to go though. I think it's more appropriate to compare it to a 380. It might be larger than most 380s but at the boon of higher capacity and better ballistics. The cost per bang is more on par with 380 too. Federal made a bold statement saying 30sc would be the same price as 9mm at release but it hasn't/won't happen. The economy of scale just can't be beat.

The biggest bummer has been no carbine release (other than hi-point but LOL I'll pass), I got excited when the folding carbine was released but it's only in 9mm. Shame.

EDIT: GAG has them for 299 and S&W has a rebate going on, pretty damn good deal if you ask me
https://grabagun.com/smith-and-wesson-s ... _d34865cf9
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Now this makes me wonder if you can barrel swap and mag change, or, just swap uppers on an existing Shield Plus. Hmmm? For now, it's off to the range to make sure my new Glock clone (Ermox Xdefense) functions properly with a new striker setup.

Hm, found this and it answers some of my questions.

Clyde
jrleen

Post by jrleen »

Damn you guys....I thought I had finally fought off adding new calibers.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

:whistle: :clap: :dance:
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

I'll stick with what I currently have. This seems like a filler between 380 and 9mm.
AZDESERTRAT

Post by AZDESERTRAT »

Well with the rebate I figured I’d wager $250 on a new 30 carry shield.
jrleen

Post by jrleen »

I could not hold off any longer.....now to sneak it into the herd.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

yeah, hope to have one by end of week, lol, dammed addiction for sure :dance: :D :shock:
jrleen

Post by jrleen »

Just completed order for a good amount of start up practice and defence ammo plus a few extra mags. I have a few optics stashed thankfully. This will surely place me back on the wifes naughty list.

Those who beat me to it feel free to share any recepies you like for recycling the brass.
jrleen

Post by jrleen »

Responding to question I received ....does slide from shield plus 9mm interchange with 30 super carry. Yes, it does fit chamber and cycle mag+ammo manually. Appears to be exactly the same lower body. I have not shot them after a swap but I am confident they will. Will update after a day at the range soon.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I look forward to the WTB adds 18 months from now when no one can find ammo because mfgs stopped making it.

It’s the new 45GAP.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

jrleen wrote: November 18th, 2023, 7:18 pm Responding to question I received ....does slide from shield plus 9mm interchange with 30 super carry. Yes, it does fit chamber and cycle mag+ammo manually. Appears to be exactly the same lower body. I have not shot them after a swap but I am confident they will. Will update after a day at the range soon.
Ah, then I'll probably be ordering one soon. :mrgreen:

Clyde