SIG SAUER P226 MK25 Navy Pistol?

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
hairygreek
ArizonaShooting.org Member

SIG SAUER P226 MK25 Navy Pistol?

Post by hairygreek »

https://www.sigsauer.com/p226-mk25-full-size.html
I saw a new one of these at the store, I noticed the Navy anchor and gov serial matrix. I have wanted to try a 90s German P226 for awhile... I was wondering how, if so inclined, this would be better.

I saw it's aluminum frame (lighter for a heavy 9mm) and has internal corrosion protection. I wonder if these are over-runs or just a cheesy fake gov matrix? And we all know the legend of the 90s Sigs but how do the USA ones stack up... we all notice the questionable QC and I don't want to support that. I wonder if these will be sold for awhile, there are reviews since 2018.

It's also a bit spendy, nearly 2x as much as a decent used 90s P226. But it has a little anchor on it which I like.

Dat_Ginga

Re: SIG SAUER P226 MK25 Navy Pistol?

Post by Dat_Ginga »

I have a 226 legion, 229 legion and a 220 and haven't ran into any issues. I shoot them all the time and they eat whatever I put through them. I've had a West German made 226 and yes it was awesome and a cool piece of history but to my level of shooting I didn't notice any difference between current production Sigs and the West German model. I had a 226 elite and 229 elite about 7-8 years ago and they shot very similar to the legions I have currently. I think you would be perfectly happy with a new MK25 P226. It was also issued to the Navy Seals and if you're into that kind of thing would be a cool item to add to the collection.
hairygreek

Re: SIG SAUER P226 MK25 Navy Pistol?

Post by hairygreek »

Thanks that's good to hear. I see they have reviews for these since 2018, I can imagine whenever production stops they will be collectable... whenever that is. I like Navy stuff but not enough to spend double vs an older one... I live in AZ and don't need the corrosion protection.