Springfield Armory's new SPOCK

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
pneuby
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Springfield Armory's new SPOCK

Post by pneuby »

QuietM4

Re: Springfield Armory's new SPOCK

Post by QuietM4 »

I love all the marketing bullshit of "inspired by the Spartans". What exactly inspired it? They watched the movie '300' once and now they think they are an expert on Greek history? The echelon battle formation was used AGAINST the Spartans by the Thebans. If they wanted to name it something related to the Spartans, it should be named the Phalanx.

"The Echelon from Springfield Armory – Unparalleled."

Lol. If by "unparalleled" they mean they copied the FCU/grip module concept from the Sig P320/P365, copied the slide serration design from Staccato, copied the slide racking ears from the HK VP9, and copied the optic mounting system from Shadow Systems...then yeah...it's "unparalleled".

It looks like a nice pistol, and I'd like to see one and try it out. But the pomp and circumstance they roll out every time Springfield releases a "new" product is just silly.
baja

Post by baja »

When I saw 'SPOCK' my first thought was pointy ears on a pistol, wtf?
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Amazingly, it was in-stock at three different LGS today. Lowest price leader at 599.
I was able to A-B it next to a G17G5. I have never seen any other gun in that class come so close to the exact outside dimension/s of 'Perfection'. Overall, it's trimmer in the slide, as to be expected. The trigger is better, both shorter in travel and shorter in reset. Slide-stop-release is easy to activate both to manually lock it open, and to release. It doesn't fight you to release it on an empty mag, either.
Razai

Post by Razai »

QuietM4, you are so right.

Still, it’s nice to see another “better Glock.” My opinion only, but Glocks have lousy ergos and awful triggers. Might be worth checking this out.
tdog90yj

Post by tdog90yj »

When I saw this I got “duty grade/sized” hellcat vibes. Oh and they stole the sig modular FCG. Could be cool if they incorporated that into the actual hellcats.

All taken I don’t hate it. I personally detest the original XD’s as they just didn’t fit my hand.