Shadow Systems

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Big_dave302
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Shadow Systems

Post by Big_dave302 »

I’m thinking of changing my EDC to a Shadow Systems MR920. Not much out there, other than the improved “Glock”. What is everyone’s opinion on them? Does anyone own one and thoughts?

Dave

Noshoot
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Shadow Systems

Post by Noshoot »

I had one, and honestly it wasn’t so miraculous that I was willing to keep it.
What’s your current EDC, and why are you considering a change?
G34

Post by G34 »

The optic system is junk.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Noshoot wrote: May 28th, 2023, 9:30 am I had one, and honestly it wasn’t so miraculous that I was willing to keep it.
What’s your current EDC, and why are you considering a change?
It's a rebranded Poly80 glock clone with some decent parts, not worth the price they're asking, or, that you couldn't assemble your self with a Poly80 frame, with no serial number to boot.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

I'd go PSA Dagger with 10 - 15 round mags for $379 if you want a Glock clone that works and a stupid low price.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

YNOTAZ wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:52 pm I'd go PSA Dagger with 10 - 15 round mags for $379 if you want a Glock clone that works and a stupid low price.
Agree, but, it's a task to change the awful trigger, standard LPK pins don't work. :oops: , ask me how I know. :D

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Big_dave302

Post by Big_dave302 »

I rotate between a shield and 642, but have always wanted to go to a Glock 19 sized frame. Especially in todays society. I will look at the PSA Dagger. Thank you for the insight.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

kenpoprofessor wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:09 pm Agree, but, it's a task to change the awful trigger, standard LPK pins don't work. :oops: , ask me how I know. :D
Clyde
He's right on that, if it matters to you. GlockMeister won't work on the Dagger triggers.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

It’s a overpriced Glock clone, not worth the extra money. You are mainly paying for the increased machine time to make the slide look fancy…it adds zero to performance, all cosmetic.

I’d rather just buy a bone stock MOS Glock 19 and have extra cash for trigger upgrades and an optic.

The PSA Dagger is a great little pistol for the price, but as Clyde pointed out, it’s not 100% compatible with all Gen 3 Glock aftermarket parts.

I’ve been carrying a Sig P365 since they came out, and it’s been a fantastic EDC gun (before the P365 I carried a S&W Shield for several years). I carry the 10 rd mag in the gun, and a spare 17 rd P365 Macro magazine…great combo that’s easy to carry all day.
Noshoot

Post by Noshoot »

QuietM4 wrote: May 29th, 2023, 1:30 pm I’ve been carrying an Sig P365 since they came out, and it’s been a fantastic EDC gun (before the P365 I carried a S&W Shield for several years). I carry the 10 rd mag in the gun, and a spare 17 rd P365 Macro magazine…great combo that’s easy to carry all day.
This is where I landed as well. I resisted the P365 for some time, then I snagged a used one from AJI.
The rest is history.
OMart

Post by OMart »

I have sold a few of these guns. They are much lighter than the comparable Glock model. Trigger is a tad better, but I have never really messed with any aftermarket Glock triggers to compare. They are cool looking, I will give them that. I guess the real selling point is supposed to be the customer support and warranty service, since Glock has a reputation for being difficult. I have to say my only dealing with Glock has not been good. Received an order of 43X's that the extra magazine was a 10RD Glock 19 magazine. Distributor said it was Glock's fault. Contacted Glock, Glock said we will mail you new mags. Never got the mags. Several calls and emails, the mags are in shipping we will send tracking info tomorrow. No tracking info. Ended up just buying Glock mags and replacing and throwing the 19 mags in with Glock 19's as an extra.