calling classic p series Sig owners.

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

calling classic p series Sig owners.

Post by Boriqua »

I posted in another thread that my sig 229 .. my favorite semi auto, failed on me.

Suddenly it would not drop the hammer in single action either from reset or if I cocked the hammer. I just installed the srt kit figuring it had to be the sear and I had been wanting to install the srt since I got the gun and this was a good opportunity.

I replaced the sear, sear spring and safety lever. It now drops the hammer from single action

Now for my question .. My sig wont drop the hammer until my trigger is against the frame. Is this normal?

feels like the distance from the trigger bar pivot to the tab that engages the srt sear leg could be 1mm shorter. The hammer drops but Just.

cool arrow

Re: calling classic p series Sig owners.

Post by cool arrow »

Joey might have insight into this.
Derek almost for sure would, but he isn't on the board anymore
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I made a video of the issue. I am getting more hammer drops from single action with the SRT kit but it is still not reliable. Its almost as if the trigger bar should be a bit shorter. I know that is ridiculous but its the best way I can describe it. The trigger just doesnt seem to have enough travel to move the sear enough to drop the hammer. The clicks you hear in the video is the trigger hitting the frame and the hammer is cocked

At the moment .. single action when I cock the hammer and single action from reset only drops the hammer about 50% of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/WunLEt49wDs
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Due to Sig's insitance of changing internal dimensions of parts, depending on when your gun was made, many of the "drop in" parts from other manufacturers cease to be "drop in". SRT kits are among those parts that will sometimes require fitting, depending on the age/generation of your Sig.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

QuietM4 wrote: March 28th, 2023, 11:18 am Due to Sig's insitance of changing internal dimensions of parts, depending on when your gun was made, many of the "drop in" parts from other manufacturers cease to be "drop in". SRT kits are among those parts that will sometimes require fitting, depending on the age/generation of your Sig.
It was having the same problem with the standard sear and stock lever. The srt actually made it a bit more reliable. I couldnt get the hammer to drop at all with the original parts. Now it drops about 50% of the time.

Anyone know a reliable local smith that works on Sigs?
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Boriqua wrote: March 28th, 2023, 11:32 am
QuietM4 wrote: March 28th, 2023, 11:18 am Due to Sig's insitance of changing internal dimensions of parts, depending on when your gun was made, many of the "drop in" parts from other manufacturers cease to be "drop in". SRT kits are among those parts that will sometimes require fitting, depending on the age/generation of your Sig.
It was having the same problem with the standard sear and stock lever. The srt actually made it a bit more reliable. I couldnt get the hammer to drop at all with the original parts. Now it drops about 50% of the time.

I've always had excellent service at Wright Armory in Mesa.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

QuietM4 wrote: March 28th, 2023, 12:15 pm
Boriqua wrote: March 28th, 2023, 11:32 am

I've always had excellent service at Wright Armory in Mesa.
Thank you for the recommendation. I am in the process of deciding to sell it off as a project gun W extras or to go through trying to fix it.
C172 Heavy

Post by C172 Heavy »

I'm just seeing this post and think you already got rid of the gun. I've been a SIG armorer since 2014 and prior to that did work on all my SIGs. I love SIGs and have modded all my personal guns to my taste. If you still need help please reach out.