Ruger Security 380

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Ruger Security 380

Post by Boriqua »

https://ruger.com/products/security380/models.html

Have to hand it to ruger. They come up with a new offering often. This looks like it might be the ticket for someone who for has trouble with racking a Semi Auto but I personally didn't have any luck with the cartridge over three guns including their own LCP. Tried three different Semi autos chambered in .380 when my wife was experimenting with guns and they all jammed like mad.

Still .. I might have to wait and read about The security 380 from the early adopters. Maybe the wife needs a 380 I can play with.

kenpoprofessor

Re: Ruger Security 380

Post by kenpoprofessor »

None of my Rugers jam, and I've got plenty in that caliber, and now the RugerLCPMax performs as well as it predecessors already have. They all eat every kind of ammo where some of my others won't even chamber a stock round without hanging up.

That "EZ" slide thing is a gimmick, I've shown countless women with little hands and little strength to chamber a round in any of my 9mms, and some .45s.

Clyde
OMart

Re: Ruger Security 380

Post by OMart »

Looks like a LCP Max and a Max-9 got it on. If the action is as light as a S&W EZ these will sell well with elderly. I hate the S&W EZ, the grip safety is awkward and annoying.