Sig Strikers .. Not me

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
h8pvmnt
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Sig Strikers .. Not me

Post by h8pvmnt »

Dont disagree with you Clyde but when you buy guns you dont know have issues, I do what i can to mitigate it. With pocket carry i actually like having the safety. So to each his own. If you train with a safety its not even a small issue. But i was in your camp when i bought these. You are the safety. Its easy to say just dump them and go another direction. But i have to dump 5 that my whole family carries and trains with. Less easy when its your reality. Im looking at alternatives.

Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

h8pvmnt wrote: April 16th, 2023, 1:27 pm Dont disagree with you Clyde but when you buy guns you dont know have issues, I do what i can to mitigate it. With pocket carry i actually like having the safety. So to each his own. If you train with a safety its not even a small issue. But i was in your camp when i bought these. You are the safety. Its easy to say just dump them and go another direction. But i have to dump 5 that my whole family carries and trains with. Less easy when its your reality. Im looking at alternatives.
Does the safety stop the striker from moving unless the trigger is pulled? If not you are only stopping one issue those had. I ask cause I don't know what you added.

They are still going off sitting in holsters and desks with no movement to indicate an inertia induced trigger issue. From what I understand there is the drop safe issue and the parts failure issue that's intermittent and can't always be repeated even on the same gun that fired on its own.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here's an excellent article on the 320's internal mechanisms, with lots of GIF images showing how it works and such.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/why-d ... hit-piece/
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

This one is fresh today, and pretty damned hard to refute....
According to two of the articles, the Chief already ordered 35 GLocks to replace the 320s

Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Did the guys legs even touch the holster or just the jostling cause it to go off. Like I've said they just go off for noreason. In holsters in desk drawers all by them selves.

Eff those things. They will never have my trust.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

pneuby wrote: July 27th, 2023, 11:06 pm This one is fresh today, and pretty damned hard to refute....
According to two of the articles, the Chief already ordered 35 GLocks to replace the 320s

I can't really tell -- which cop's pistol fired? The guy holding the perp's left arm, or the guy bending over to grab the perp's leg?
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

The guy who bent over
Noshoot

Post by Noshoot »

Yup
IMG_0578.jpeg
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

I'm gonna say the holster was the issue, when he bent down, he seemed to put downward pressure on the grip, forcing the trigger to hit something.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

There was a problem with sig holsters, especiallythe early 40 models. It appears many of the earlier safariland holsters had enough room for something, a finger, key, seatbelt attachment etc to get into and affect the trigger. The newer safariland holsters are higher and tighter to prevent that. Ill try to find old and new and post difference photos. Anyhow, many leo carry keys, cuff keys etc on a hook on the belt, not saying it is as i cant tell but i have to wonder if that MIGHT be the cause when he bent over. Jerking and standing back up would likely remove the item protruding if connected to the belt and may go unnoticed

We changed to the new holster and new 9mm model years ago and the only negligents we have experienced are someone with their booger picker in the wrong place

Anyone wants to get rid of their dangerous sig i have 200 bucks on standby
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

https://concealednation.org/2023/08/sig ... KrooOOfCqg

Yep, I called it, and so did Lobo.

Have a great,gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

No no no.... sigs are dangerous creatures. Send them my way for safetys sake
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Sorry, double-tapped.... :shock:
Last edited by pneuby on August 2nd, 2023, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Okay, the gun was not all the way down into the holster. BUT, dig the weasel-speak from Sig:

"Even if properly holstered, the features of the involved holster allow for foreign object intrusion and interaction with the trigger, as has been seen in other incidents.We regret that the involved agency jumped to conclusions regarding the cause of this discharge without first carefully examining the footage of the incident and (did not provide) SIG SAUER with an opportunity to assist in the examination of the involved firearm.

Sure, give it all over to Sig for examination. I'm sure they'll make an honest assessment and get to the truth-of-the-matter, LOL. Please explain to us WHAT contacted the trigger, "...as has been seen in other incidents." :naughty:

Was it the same holster as this gal was wearing at the 2:00 mark?

It certainly was not what this detective was wearing....

...nor this competitor..

Look, most of us recall when Glocks first came on strong into LE. There was a learning curve where the troops no longer had 12-16lb triggers requiring a long, rolling pull. Many, many oopsies back-in-era. However, striker-fired is the norm now. If this is a booger-hook issue, why aren't there comparable numbers of such occurrences going on with platforms like Glock, the M&P, the APX, CZ-P10 series, Ruger SR, or American? If it's a holster issue, again...why no problems with the other brands when carried in those SAME make/model holsters. :think: