Sig Introducing a New Xfive

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Sig Introducing a New Xfive

Post by Boriqua »

If looks could kill .. this baby slays. Looks like its got every feature a shooter could want. Got the email announcement this morning. Just sharing.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p226-xfive.html

QuietM4

Re: Sig Introducing a New Xfive

Post by QuietM4 »

Sexy, but I'll stick with my P226 Legion SAO.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Looks like a CZ 75 to me. I like my X5Legion, that doesn't do a thing for me.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

kenpoprofessor wrote: October 4th, 2022, 5:06 pm Looks like a CZ 75 to me. I like my X5Legion, that doesn't do a thing for me.

Clyde
Yeah - looks like its meant to compete with the Shadow 2. Guessing it is a fantastic range / competition gun - but weighing in at 45.6 or 46.2 OZ - it's no EDC gun for sure. I'd love to shoot one to compare it to the cajunized S2 - I'm sure it's good - I wonder if it is great?

As to the X5 - I've never shot one - how does the trigger compare to a similar tier hammer fired gun? For the longest time I presumed that all striker fire triggers were as bad as the ones that I experienced in the early generation glocks and SW Sigma stuff. I know that they've gotten better - and I REALLY like the trigger in the Walther PDP - but I still have an ingrained assumption that striker fired guns can't come close to a quality DA/SA or SAO race gun trigger.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

BigNate wrote: October 5th, 2022, 3:20 pm
kenpoprofessor wrote: October 4th, 2022, 5:06 pm Looks like a CZ 75 to me. I like my X5Legion, that doesn't do a thing for me.

Clyde
Yeah - looks like its meant to compete with the Shadow 2. Guessing it is a fantastic range / competition gun - but weighing in at 45.6 or 46.2 OZ - it's no EDC gun for sure. I'd love to shoot one to compare it to the cajunized S2 - I'm sure it's good - I wonder if it is great?

As to the X5 - I've never shot one - how does the trigger compare to a similar tier hammer fired gun? For the longest time I presumed that all striker fire triggers were as bad as the ones that I experienced in the early generation glocks and SW Sigma stuff. I know that they've gotten better - and I REALLY like the trigger in the Walther PDP - but I still have an ingrained assumption that striker fired guns can't come close to a quality DA/SA or SAO race gun trigger.
The SIG is a SAO hammer gun. Why the comparison to strikers?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

XJThrottle wrote: October 5th, 2022, 3:29 pm

Uh, was it me, or the other guy. The CZ is a hammer fired gun, duhhh.

Clyde
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Clyde

I'm with you. Striker fired triggers have come a LONG way since the early days but I have not personally experienced one that can come close to a SA hammer fired gun.

I dont know how much personal massaging the Xfive gets but my bone stock Sig 229 has an incredible trigger I would rate as better than any of the CZ's I have owned and I like CZ's. Could just be my example.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

kenpoprofessor wrote: October 5th, 2022, 3:34 pm
XJThrottle wrote: October 5th, 2022, 3:29 pm The SIG is a SAO hammer gun. Why the comparison to strikers?
Uh, was it me, or the other guy. The CZ is a hammer fired gun, duhhh.

Clyde
Nate
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

XJThrottle wrote: October 5th, 2022, 3:29 pm

Clyde

When I read Clyde's statement that: "I like my X5Legion..." I looked it up and found many links to the P320 X5 Legion (link here: https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-xfive-legion.html ) which is a striker fire pistol... I guess I assumed this is what he was talking about.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

i've both gats, and like'm both, each have their place, the sig is so freaken accurate if one does their part, and trigger is to my liking,
i shoot so many different units, that triggers sometimes make the gat, but not always, i've a couple that have the longest arse trigger, but are they a hoot to shoot, and a few with really light triggers, its all about getting used to the shooter that day, and i always practice at end of day with my couple carries, just to keep on top of the pile.
either way, they sure are purdae.
rj
Feal

Post by Feal »

Looks like this one will have an adjustable trigger- that was the main upgrade from the original competition to L1 versions (and grips). I think when I priced them out years ago it was 700 from sig and 4-500 on gunbroker (for just the trigger) Looks like the changed the extractor as well
Zpglass

Post by Zpglass »

Damn that’s good looking
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Found Pricing!! $2,199.99

https://www.impactguns.com/semi-auto-ha ... 6x5-9-stas

That is a lot of cheddar and some gouda and pepper jack thrown in! I sure would love to see how it runs but .. that is to rich for my blood. Dreams are free though. :dance:
Feal

Post by Feal »

They were around 2k 15-20 years ago. Wonder what it will do to the market for the German versions
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Shoot, $2,199.99 is a lot - but I went looking and this was the first one that I found... I stopped looking...
226.JPG
:-)

A few years ago I had a hard time choking down a $1500 total for the Shadow 2 with CGW kit (self installed) for a handgun... I guess I'd need to shoot one to see how good it really is...