SPRINGFIELD ARMORY PRODIGY

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
omegaman
ArizonaShooting.org Member

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY PRODIGY

Post by omegaman »

Well its no fire starter, more of a smack my beeoch up! As with what appears to be most of these mine suffers from FTF. It is the 5" model. The fix is bump the recoil spring up to 11lb , polish the feed ramp, get 4-5 hundred rounds through it and don't use the 17rnd mag. After all of that it is fun to shoot good accuracy seems to have promise.

QuietM4

Re: SPRINGFIELD ARMORY PRODIGY

Post by QuietM4 »

Any gun that is $1K+ should work out of the box.

Make sure the frame rails aren't covered in Cerakote...I've seen a few in YT videos where the frame rails were coated in Cerakote, which should have been removed during production. Besides the trigger pull being absolute garbage (for a 1911 based firearm), they seem to be a decent attempt at a Poor Man's Staccato.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

4.5 lbs on trigger I'll let it break in then tighten it up to see where it is at.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

I was super interested in one of these - till I seen a few on some youtubes with issues. Mainly the Yoki Sturrup review were hers basically became a single shot. You could hear something wasn't right with it when she would chamber a round.

Reminds me of the issues they had with the SA-35 when it first came out.

Convinced me to just put the money towards a staccato.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

paulgt2164 wrote: September 28th, 2022, 9:37 am I was super interested in one of these - till I seen a few on some youtubes with issues. Mainly the Yoki Sturrup review were hers basically became a single shot. You could hear something wasn't right with it when she would chamber a round.

Reminds me of the issues they had with the SA-35 when it first came out.

Convinced me to just put the money towards a staccato.
I've handled a few so far, both versions. They have left me less than impressed. Add in all the less than 100% positive reviews on YT, and I'll keep saving my pennies for the Staccato as well. By the time I spend money replacing the MIM internal parts with quality parts, a trigger job, adding a magwell, and buying/fitting the threaded barrel I want, I would end up spending more than the price of a custom ordered Staccato P.