AR-9 Build

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
campinginaz
ArizonaShooting.org Member

AR-9 Build

Post by campinginaz »

I want to thank everyone who helped me in my build questions thread. My build is complete!

I was going to build this myself but the cost of tools such as a torque wrench, vise etc. was a bit much and I don't plan on doing lots of builds. I had Black Metal Firearms put it together. Their customer service was awesome and their build price was very reasonable!

For the upper receiver:
I basically went with a CMMG Banshee upper by purchasing the CMMG stripped upper receiver, bolt and 5 inch barrel. I then went with a Midwest Industries lightweight suppressor 9 inch hand guard and a Breek Arms Warhammer AR-15 Ambidextrous Charging Handle. Also added a KAK flashcan.

For the lower receiver:
Spikes tactical Glock 9mm lower with last round bolt hold open. CMC 3.5lb trigger, Aero Precision buffer tube and buffer, Radian Weapons Talon Ambidextrous Safety set at 45 degrees, Magpul grip, Recover Tactical MG9 Angled Mag Pouch.

That's all I can think of right now. If anyone would like specific links to items let me know.

I have not shot it yet but I probably will this weekend!

AR9 Build1.JPG
AR9 Build2.JPG
AR9 Build3.JPG

338lapua

Re: AR-9 Build

Post by 338lapua »

I bought a couple of the Spikes lowers and the bolt hold open works perfectly. The captive push pins are also nice as I hate putting them in with my bad hands.
campinginaz

Re: AR-9 Build

Post by campinginaz »

I put around 100-150 rounds through it and it worked flawlessly. LRBHO worked every time. I only shot regular ammo but I'll try hollow points as well soon.