Walther Creed anyone tried one

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Ballistic Therapy
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Walther Creed anyone tried one

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

First off I am not a fan of plastic guns.
I see CDNN has had the Walther Creed for $269 for quite awhile.
I thought for the price and with free shipping I might just try it , so I ordered one and a couple extra magazines at 19.99 each.
I have had it for about a year and have shot it quite a few times.
It is a full size , hammer fired double action only gun with no safety.
It holds 16 rounds of 9mm.
I have probably shot 700 or 800 rounds through it without a single problem.
For a double action gun the trigger pull is very easy. it is a long pull but very easy compared to other double action only guns.
I actually like the trigger pull. It is easy to keep on target even when firing it as fast as possible.
It groups good and is pretty accurate.
It is easy to take apart and clean.
All in all for a plastic gun I think it is a good gun especially for the price.

Has anyone else tried one ?

knockonit

Re: Walther Creed anyone tried one

Post by knockonit »

no, but am considering picking one up, just because, i've read some about it, all reviews as usual are self serving, so its a pleasure to see a real use one, might have pushed me off the fence.

may pick up one

thanks
Rj
shooter444

Re: Walther Creed anyone tried one

Post by shooter444 »

No, haven't tried one. Personally, I have nothing against plastic frame weapons. I own two as I write this, and many more in my past. Also, I have had great admiration for WALTHER ever since watching James Bond as a kid. Never owned one of his Walther spy pistols, still on my bucket list. :D

Saying that, I do have a problem with Walther ever since going plastic. I can see how ergonomic their grip is, very appealing to me. But what they did with the slide just reminds me too much of Hi Points. It just doesn't look appealing to my eye. Not that, that should be a criterion for judging the plastic Walthers as good or bad, it is strictly an aesthetic reaction.

Now, I guess I should clarify my opinion on Hi Point before the sky falls on my head. :| I think Hi Point has a well deserved place in the market, I think they put out (from reviews read) a very reliable weapon. My neighbor owns/ed one, with no complaints that I know of. Actually, now that they have stepped up and released a 10mm carbine, if I was willing to get into reloading another caliber, it would be in the top 10, on my list!

Nuff sed! :whistle: