Glock striker control Device

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Glock striker control Device

Post by Boriqua »

Anyone have personal experience with this device. No slogans please I have read them all "Your safety is between your ears" "booger finger this or that" "fudd" ... which I only recently had to look up

SO ... I bought a Glock 19. Not entirely sure why but .. its cheap, they are fun to shoot and I didnt have a 9mm and it is indeed a fun little shooter.

but

Im old .. I came up on revolvers and my carry gun is a DA/SA. The glock is fast enough in the hand and I wouldnt mind carrying it but .. I will admit with sorrow and a bit of shame .. Im a little afraid of it being a striker. Saw this on Reddit and thought .. man right up my alley since I habitually put my thumb on the hammer when holstering. but .. what are the potential downsides?
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-BPoZQCEZmA
https://langdontactical.com/ltt-striker ... evice-scd/

Or should I just admit I may be a lady boy about this and just sell it off and buy a DA/SA :oops:

Suck My Glock

Re: Glock striker control Device

Post by Suck My Glock »

In all the decades I have been blasting thousands of rounds through dozens of Glocks, I cannot conceive of a moment when this would have been useful to me.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Suck My Glock wrote: August 26th, 2022, 8:30 am In all the decades I have been blasting thousands of rounds through dozens of Glocks, I cannot conceive of a moment when this would have been useful to me.
Just the kind of feedback im looking for. Thank you
G34

Post by G34 »

this would be a training issue. or a lack of understand in how the Glock functions/the effectiveness of its safeties. Glocks cannot fire unless the trigger is pulled to defeat its other safeties. theres no reason to ride the hammer into a holster either. get proper training. it sounds harsh but its the best way to overcome something silly
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

With a proper holster (which I am sure you know someone who makes one....lol) You don't have to worry. I have carried striker fired (no safety) pistols for decades and as long as you devote at least 3.75 brain cells to making sure you have a holster that doesn't intrude in the trigger guard or shove it in a drawer filled with objects that can poke a trigger (as what happened to the famous NY cop who shot his own desk..) you will be fine. Honestly, anything you wouldn't do with a DA gun you won't want to do with a striker fired. The concerns / operations are the same.

Those aftermarket safety devices just add complexity to a well tested design and they don't undergo the same reliability testing as the stock glock. As anyone who has shot enough of them will tell you, typically the more doodads you add - the reliability decreases.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Here you go, Bo:

https://www.arizonashooting.org/forum/v ... au#p128950

It works well, as--intended.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

pneuby wrote: August 27th, 2022, 2:21 pm Here you go, Bo:

https://www.arizonashooting.org/forum/v ... au#p128950

It works well, as--intended.
Thank you! I hadnt seen the lucky gunner video.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Just another stupid thing to malfunction and kill you. Practice drawing, firing and holstering hundreds of times until you build muscle memory. I carry a Glock or a M&P with a very short reset trigger and under two pounds pull on both. Never had a issue. I do not carry pistols with a safety and I do not use a safeties on rifles either.
Basher

Post by Basher »

I use them, and have for a few years. They’re not going to cause a malfunction.

I carried a Glock for years without one, but when I transitioned to AIWB, I became very aware of what my muzzle was covering. To me, a few bucks for a passive device that will alert me to something (clothing, belt, whatever) that’s found its way into the trigger guard is priceless. Keeping my dick, and not bleeding out in seconds due to a punctured artery or shattered pelvis, are pretty high on my list.

Do I feel they’re absolutely needed? No. But to accidents happen to well-trained, competent shooters? Yes. To me, they’re worth the price for a little extra piece of mind when working from an AIWB holster.

It’s also funny to me how divisive the SCDs are. The haters really get their panties in a wad over them for some reason. Don’t like ‘em? Don’t use ‘em. Want an extra layer of potential awareness? Now you can have one. Pretty easy, IMO.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Basher wrote: September 4th, 2022, 11:51 am I use them, and have for a few years. They’re not going to cause a malfunction.

I carried a Glock for years without one, but when I transitioned to AIWB, I became very aware of what my muzzle was covering. To me, a few bucks for a passive device that will alert me to something (clothing, belt, whatever) that’s found its way into the trigger guard is priceless. Keeping my dick, and not bleeding out in seconds due to a punctured artery or shattered pelvis, are pretty high on my list.

Do I feel they’re absolutely needed? No. But to accidents happen to well-trained, competent shooters? Yes. To me, they’re worth the price for a little extra piece of mind when working from an AIWB holster.

It’s also funny to me how divisive the SCDs are. The haters really get their panties in a wad over them for some reason. Don’t like ‘em? Don’t use ‘em. Want an extra layer of potential awareness? Now you can have one. Pretty easy, IMO.
Thank you for the hands on review!!

I am currently debating whether to throw the $100 bucks into the gun or sell it off and just pick up a DA/SA which is just a platform I am more used to. I like hammers!

Edited to add
Found it on Amazon

But it says gen 1-4. What did they change about the backplate on a gen 5?
Basher

Post by Basher »

If you’re more of a DA/SA guy already, I’d go that route, IMO. Nothing wrong with Glocks, but I’m finding more enjoyment from hammered guns these days myself. I run Glocks still because a) I have them/know them/am invested in them already, b) they’re lightweight compared to many hammered guns, and c) they just plain work. But if I wanted to “start over,” I’d go with hammered guns all the way. Tough choice, but if you only have one Glock and many other DA/SA options, I’d just switch back over, LOL.
Basher

Post by Basher »

Langdon Tactical makes one for Gen5. Probably costs a bit more for the name, but then I also know who made it. The one on Amazon just says “generic.”

https://langdontactical.com/ltt-striker ... evice-scd/
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Basher wrote: September 4th, 2022, 1:14 pm If you’re more of a DA/SA guy already, I’d go that route, IMO. Nothing wrong with Glocks, but I’m finding more enjoyment from hammered guns these days myself. I run Glocks still because a) I have them/know them/am invested in them already, b) they’re lightweight compared to many hammered guns, and c) they just plain work. But if I wanted to “start over,” I’d go with hammered guns all the way. Tough choice, but if you only have one Glock and many other DA/SA options, I’d just switch back over, LOL.
I have just he one glock .. Bought it recently on a whim since I didnt own a 9mm.

Still carrying my 229. Occasionaly I will carry the HK45c but the 229 has been a carry for years now. Hard to ignore how light wieght the glock is in comparison but .. I think another DA/SA is in my future and someone gets a lightly used Glock 19 with some new holsters.
Last edited by Boriqua on September 4th, 2022, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

@Boriqua, from everything you've mentioned, it sounds like you might like an HK with the LEM trigger. It's tough to explain, but they kind of feel like a blend of striker and DA/SA. They have a hammer, so you can thumb over that if it makes you feel more comfortable holstering. Instead of a heavier first pull like DA/SA, the LEM has a longer initial pull, but the trigger has a very short reset after that.
Tacticalplinker

Post by Tacticalplinker »

I'm late to the party... I just found out about these things a few days ago watching a random Glock video. I'm not convinced by it, and in fact I don't fully even understand it, or at least the need to have one.

But I'm by no means a professional or an expert...