RMR and RMRcc on Glock 43x and 17

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
TacMedic
ArizonaShooting.org Member

RMR and RMRcc on Glock 43x and 17

Post by TacMedic »

So I recently started training with an RMR, and I’m surprised at the improvement of my speed and accuracy. Honestly, it took me two good long days of shooting and I still find myself reverting back to my iron sights at times. However, I think with practice it’ll become second nature like my iron sights have been for years. This was also a necessity for me because with my eyesight going, the front site post was no longer clear but a blur. Where the red dot is crisp and clear.

I found a local person (Tucson area) who mills Glock slides to accept red dots (had a long discussion with them regarding Trijicon versus Hollosun but I decided to stay with one platform…although Trijicon’s cost is hard to bare) and they are currently milling my Glock 43X for the RMRcc. Not sure yet if I’m going to have to buy higher iron sights for that, as I know many times you require suppressor sights to be able to use them as a back up. The other hard part on the 43X, with the Trijicon platform the rear sight has to be relocated in front of the RMRcc. My thought is it’s only for emergency backup so that is fine.

Thinking of having them also mill my Gen 4 Glock 17 for the RMR. With that I’m pretty sure I’m going to need the suppressor height sites as that is what is on The gun that I’m currently using. However, when I leave employment I’d like to have my personal firearm set up the same as the one that I’m using currently… since I won’t be able to take the one I’m using with me.

Finally to my question, the 43X I’ve not been able to find suppressor Heights sights, ideas?

Also, what would be your recommendation for the Glock 17 suppressor height sites?

I’ve gotten away from the Trijicon night sights, and my last set I put on my 43X were the Ameriglo, which I really liked for the larger orange dot upfront.

Bonus if you have actual part numbers for my two guns. 😁

G34

Re: RMR and RMRcc on Glock 43x and 17

Post by G34 »

I actually don’t recommend back up sites for red dot users. There’s many well known instructors in the red dot community that agree. Back up irons create crowding and hinder novice shooters from actually becoming target focused. Many then argue saying optics fail! Sure everything can fail.

If you take a higher level class or red dot instructor class most teach alternative aim method using the frame of the optic OR the backplate. That’s why some guys have used white out markers to make reference outlines on the frame of the optic.

Regardless I applaud you for advancing your knowledge and getting with the times. Many resist still
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

G34 wrote: May 1st, 2022, 6:53 am I actually don’t recommend back up sites for red dot users. There’s many well known instructors in the red dot community that agree. Back up irons create crowding and hinder novice shooters from actually becoming target focused. Many then argue saying optics fail! Sure everything can fail.

If you take a higher level class or red dot instructor class most teach alternative aim method using the frame of the optic OR the backplate. That’s why some guys have used white out markers to make reference outlines on the frame of the optic.

Regardless I applaud you for advancing your knowledge and getting with the times. Many resist still
Thank you, the class I just took actually covered all those other alternates. And I found that I didn’t even notice the back up sights after a little bit of practice of being target focused. Those methods were accurate from about 10 yards and in, which is where most gun fights are likely to happen, but I was not as accurate as I like to be. I figure it doesn’t hurt to have them on there in case of failure if I’ve trained not to rely on them.

Thank you for the advice, but I do agree I’ve had a red dot on my rifle for years and never worried about the failure situation.
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

Got them both milled and added. Love them and after zeroing I’m very happy.