Glock or S&W 2.0

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Grifster
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Glock or S&W 2.0

Post by Grifster »

Looking to get a new carry/range fun gun but am stuck between a Glock 19 or a S&W 2.0. I know the basics of both, but just want to hear opinions and personal choices.

Joe_Blacke

Re: Glock or S&W 2.0

Post by Joe_Blacke »

They are both great. It’s really personal preference. Some like the glock grip angle, others don’t. Some like the grip texture on the M&p, others don’t. Lots of aftermarket accessories for both.

I will say that the M&p with an apex trigger is amazing. Way better than any aftermarket in a Glock imho. If you want to change out sights, it’s easier on the glock.

I own multiples of each. Both are great. My preference tilts to the M&p though. One reason for me is I find it easier to grip and draw the M&p from the holster.
Grifster

Post by Grifster »

Joe_Blacke wrote: April 6th, 2022, 10:44 am They are both great. It’s really personal preference. Some like the glock grip angle, others don’t. Some like the grip texture on the M&p, others don’t. Lots of aftermarket accessories for both.

I will say that the M&p with an apex trigger is amazing. Way better than any aftermarket in a Glock imho. If you want to change out sights, it’s easier on the glock.

I own multiples of each. Both are great. My preference tilts to the M&p though. One reason for me is I find it easier to grip and draw the M&p from the holster.
My dad carries a 2.0 and I just love the draw and the grips too, so far its looking favorable for the S&w
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Most, I know, who try the 2.0 never go back to Glock.

The 2.0 grip texture is amazing but it will fray cover stirts depending on material. The shield plus is awesome too.

Dumped all my Glocks. Found perfection is actually a 2.0. YMMV.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

I guess I'm an odd-ball - in that I've been looking in that space and have put my hands on a number of Gen 5 Glocks and a few M&P 2.0s in the last couple of weeks. I've settled on something other than these two - but I was pleasantly surprised at the improvement in Glock's triggers in the Gen 5s (was looking at the G19 MOS, G17 MOS and G48 MOS - and I truly disliked the feel of the 2.0's trigger - the break was OK - but the reset was horrible (IMHO) - it seemed really really mushy to me - to the point that when dry-firing it for feel I'd find that I had over-traveled the reset by a bunch because I was not sure that it had happened. This was the same across three different guns at three different stores (I kept trying again because I was thought it might have just been something specific to the first one... it wasn't). Anyway - I guess I'm a trigger snob... If I were choosing between those two - I'd have chosen the Glock - and I'm not a Glock fan-boy (other than that I acknowledge that they are extremely reliable).