Star BM ejector

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
mashed68
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Star BM ejector

Post by mashed68 »

I'm finally getting back around to working on my star BM that won't eject correctly. Yes I've already replaced the recoil spring, extractor spring, and extractor. Reading online, people have talked about the ejector. I found in on a parts diagram [https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufa ... ar/bm-star #39] but I can't seem to find it on the actual gun?! Can anyone post a pic showing me exactly what I'm looking for?

Solar_Empire
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Star BM ejector

Post by Solar_Empire »

mashed68 wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 9:50 pm I'm finally getting back around to working on my star BM that won't eject correctly. Yes I've already replaced the recoil spring, extractor spring, and extractor. Reading online, people have talked about the ejector. I found in on a parts diagram [https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufa ... ar/bm-star #39] but I can't seem to find it on the actual gun?! Can anyone post a pic showing me exactly what I'm looking for?
If you look closely it's right there. They are very well integrated into the frame of the handgun. If your ejector looks like mine I would try running 124 grain ammo that isn't garbage grade through it before replacing the ejector.

But before all that...Have you used some dummy rounds to check the extractor to see if the parts you already replaced worked? Extractors aren't always necessarily a drop in part.
Attachments
IMAG1833.jpg
IMAG1832.jpg
IMAG1832~2.jpg
mashed68

Re: Star BM ejector

Post by mashed68 »

wow, thats perfect. I had no idea I was looking right at it lol. Thank you very much!! I've range tested all the mods. First the springs, then the extractor. Thought the ejector was worth looking into.