Canik Mete

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
zonie77
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Canik Mete

Post by zonie77 »

This sounds like an interesting gun. Has anyone shot one and is it as good as all the reviews say?

paulgt2164

Re: Canik Mete

Post by paulgt2164 »

While it isn't a Mete - I have a TP9SFX which is very similar. ( https://www.canikusa.com/tp9sfx )

They are a lot of gun for the money. My SFX came with two 20 round mags, all the adapters (4 of them) to mount any optic, different backstraps, different mag releases, Fiber optic sights, a "charging handle" that threads into the optics mounts, and the tools to change everything around. Came with all the little additional screws in a organizer too. Came with the typical manufacturer holster.

It shoots great, like any other polymer striker fired pistol, just with a much better trigger than your usual glocks, m&ps, etc.

All that for less than 600 OTD. Which was funny, cause I bought a Kimber KHX Custom "Optics Ready" 1911 the same day for $1300 bucks - and it came with the gun, one mag, that was it. Wasn't even "optics ready" - as you have to buy a 60 dollar adapter separately.

Granted, that is apples to oranges comparison - but highlights how good of a deal the Caniks are.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

i got one after i saw pistol petes, torture test, and since then it has been on my regular rotation to shoot, the TP9sfx, has a red dot on it, and boy howdy if'n i'm having a good day, i can make the steel call my name in cadence.
have a few of the Caniks and gotta say reliable and accurate if one does their part, for the bucks one cannot go wrong.
Rj
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

knockonit wrote: March 28th, 2022, 6:15 pm i got one after i saw pistol petes, torture test, and since then it has been on my regular rotation to shoot, the TP9sfx, has a red dot on it, and boy howdy if'n i'm having a good day, i can make the steel call my name in cadence.
have a few of the Caniks and gotta say reliable and accurate if one does their part, for the bucks one cannot go wrong.
Rj
After I got to shoot your Sig x5 Legion and your TP9sfx, I had to get them myself, just too good not to.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde