Beretta Fans?

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Grifster
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Beretta Fans?

Post by Grifster »

I'm looking to purchase my first Beretta handgun. Still not sure if I want to go with a 92/92fs or go the m9a3/a4 route. I'm not a big fan of the 92 trigger weight and like how the m9a's come with an upgraded trigger. Any advice or additional info before I make this costly decision.

Basher

Re: Beretta Fans?

Post by Basher »

Yeah, get an LTT Elite with the trigger bar upgrade and forget everything else you know about the 92 series. Seriously, the Langdon Elites blow everything else out of the water. This coming from a guy who once had almost 15 different 92 variants, including Wilson Combat, Elite, and Elite II pistols. Only one other Beretta has ever had as nice a trigger as my LTT does, and it had a trigger that was seriously worked over.

Go Langdon LTT Elite, with a Wilson Combat coming in second. Trust me.
Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

If you don't want to dish out the money for a LTT or Wilson beretta the new 92x series feel pretty good. I picked one up a few months ago and the trigger is a far cry better than the previous models of 92fs. If you are going to spend the money on a m9a3/4 then just pick up a LTT. You won't find anything better than the LTT series right now.
Basher

Post by Basher »

Dat_Ginga wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 11:26 am If you don't want to dish out the money for a LTT or Wilson beretta the new 92x series feel pretty good. I picked one up a few months ago and the trigger is a far cry better than the previous models of 92fs. If you are going to spend the money on a m9a3/4 then just pick up a LTT. You won't find anything better than the LTT series right now.
And if you’re patient enough, non-RDO models of the LTT sometimes pop up in the ~$850 range, which isn’t bad considering how good they are.

But you can also start with any 92 and build it out with Langdon parts over time. Either way you go, Langdon should be your first stop for upgrades/parts, followed by WC.
Drmark
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Drmark »

Attachments
20211118_125048_3.jpg
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Great something else i will want to get Thanks Basher......
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

And there in stock at Langdon Tactical Depending on the Config
Grifster

Post by Grifster »

Drmark wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 9:44 pm..
Damn that thing is sweet. Im gonna go around to a few local places to see if they have any to check out.
Basher

Post by Basher »

h8pvmnt wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 9:30 am Great something else i will want to get Thanks Basher......
Just doing the Lord’s work to convert more people to the House of the SpaghettiGat©️! 😂
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Lol. I've already got a pile of Berettas. What's one more...
Basher

Post by Basher »

h8pvmnt wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 7:54 pm Lol. I've already got a pile of Berettas. What's one more...
That’s the spirit! 😊
Grifster

Post by Grifster »

h8pvmnt wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 7:54 pm Lol. I've already got a pile of Berettas. What's one more...
Any you're trying to get rid of at a buyer friednly price?? :D
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Nothing for sale, most of my Beretta's are eclectic collector stuff. I do have an original M-9 and a surplus Police Trade in 92FS from JG sales back in the day. You would choke to know what those sold for 10-15 years ago. Who knows if i do get a Langdon LTT and like it. I might decide to sell one. But probably not...... That Surplus 92FS has sentimental value to me for some reason. Lots for sale on Gunbroker and other sites, Look at Grab-A-Gun, Palmetto State, Davidson's Gallery of Guns. I bet AZ Firearms in Tempe has some in stock today as do many other gun stores. I never thought shooting a stock 92 was all that bad. So the LTT must be amazing for what it costs. When i take family and friends out that are not gun people. They either like the Beretta 92 Police trade in gun or the G19. Most like the 92FS. I prefer the G19 . I would never carry a 92 nor would it be my only 9mm pistol. If i could only have one it would be a G19 or Maybe a G20 or..... Hmm wonder if can send that trade in 92 to Langdon for a trigger update and the trigger bar, maybe some better sights that might be a cheaper option.
Grifster

Post by Grifster »

h8pvmnt wrote: March 4th, 2022, 9:25 am Nothing for sale, most of my Beretta's are eclectic collector stuff. I do have an original M-9 and a surplus Police Trade in 92FS from JG sales back in the day. You would choke to know what those sold for 10-15 years ago. Who knows if i do get a Langdon LTT and like it. I might decide to sell one. But probably not...... That Surplus 92FS has sentimental value to me for some reason. Lots for sale on Gunbroker and other sites, Look at Grab-A-Gun, Palmetto State, Davidson's Gallery of Guns. I bet AZ Firearms in Tempe has some in stock today as do many other gun stores. I never thought shooting a stock 92 was all that bad. So the LTT must be amazing for what it costs. When i take family and friends out that are not gun people. They either like the Beretta 92 Police trade in gun or the G19. Most like the 92FS. I prefer the G19 . I would never carry a 92 nor would it be my only 9mm pistol. If i could only have one it would be a G19 or Maybe a G20 or..... Hmm wonder if can send that trade in 92 to Langdon for a trigger update and the trigger bar, maybe some better sights that might be a cheaper option.
Thanks for the info. Wouldn't carry the 92 due to its size or because of the DA/SA trigger, personally it is a little too big for a comfortable conceal, I barely feel my G19 concealing it.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Size for me. The 92 is a duty size gun, wonderful to shoot but not a daily concealed carry gun at least not for me. Might as well carry a G20 with 15 rounds of 10mm LOL.