Savage Stance

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Savage Stance

Post by knockonit »

So anyone own one, i am a little disappointed it does not or doesn't seem to be offered with optics cut, but it is a savage and they are or should be reliable.
who, what and why
Rj

OMart

Re: Savage Stance

Post by OMart »

Didn't know of this. Hoping corporate lets us carry it. Looks interesting, reminds me a lot of the Hellcat. I don't understand why someone would want an optic on a conceal carry? You are buying something small and you are then making it bigger? Plus adding another item to snag.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

OMart wrote: January 6th, 2022, 9:49 pm Didn't know of this. Hoping corporate lets us carry it. Looks interesting, reminds me a lot of the Hellcat. I don't understand why someone would want an optic on a conceal carry? You are buying something small and you are then making it bigger? Plus adding another item to snag.
Sight picture and you don't need to worry about sight alignment...What's not to understand? Also, for many, small can be a relative term.
OMart

Post by OMart »

delta6 wrote: January 6th, 2022, 10:17 pm
Sight picture and you don't need to worry about sight alignment...What's not to understand? Also, for many, small can be a relative term.
[/quote]

I guess the only way I will change my mind is to just shoot something with a MOS optic. Seriously, I am old enough that I thought the first time I saw night sites that there was no way to go beyond in technology for pistol sites. The one I deal with often is the Sig Romeo that comes with the P365XL. I hate turning that damn thing on and off. You have to almost touch the optic to do it and that goes against everything in my core. Optical glass should never be touched by unprotected fingers. The oils and acid emitted by your fingers can actually eat away at the coatings used on optics. Are others better designed? Oh, also a Crimson Trace that came with a S&W M&P9 2.0 like this https://www.gunbroker.com/item/918396561 . Thing just feels cheap. But I would assume that most pistols that come with red dot optics are probably not the best on the market.

Please don't feel I am being an ass. This is something very new to me and I would like more knowledge to guide myself and other buyers. I also vend a Burris Fast Fire III but I have never seen one out of the package.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Had not heard of this. Savage hasn't been in the handgun market for a long time. I need another CC pistol about s much as i need another AR. Prices seem high but i guess inline with the competition for the most part. I need to do some research just to be in the know....
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

h8pvmnt wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:36 am Had not heard of this. Savage hasn't been in the handgun market for a long time. I need another CC pistol about s much as i need another AR. Prices seem high but i guess inline with the competition for the most part. I need to do some research just to be in the know....
yip, same here, but i did order a couple of the gats, striker fired which i have a whole stable of, and compact carries, but i had a windfall come in a toy sale, and damm it burned a hole in my pocket, and of course, i'm still looking for parts to finish work on a couple ar type assemblies, 10mm and .45 acp, once ynotaz and i fingered out the .45 problems its a hoot to shoot, and i'm a believer of ONE is not enough,

personal opinion, and could give a shiate what anyone else thinks, lol
happy friday, just glad to be here
Rj
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

It looks like a blatant rip-off of Smith's Shield pistol. The last company to offer much the same has apparently gone OOB: Honor Defense, and the Honor Guard pistol.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

The new Savage is just a repackaged Honor Guard pistol. It will fail for Savage just like it failed for Honor Defense.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Yawn. Looks lame. And I really like Savage rifles.
OMart

Post by OMart »

I have handled one of these and yes, it does feel much like a S&W Shield in the hand but with a more aggressive grip texture. It was selling for $375 which is pretty much on point with the Shield as well. Same place had a Shield Plus with night sites and optic ready for $470. The thing about the Stance though that is not good is the trigger. At least on this one, it was not good. Reminded me of a Taurus G2, gritty, inconsistent, slightly heavy. Not a big fan of S&W semi's but I would just buy a Shield or for a little more a Shield Plus.

I always like to see something new to the market, especially anything with a retail below $400. Sometimes I am surprised, like the Tisas PX9-Gen3 which is just amazing for the price, but the Savage Stance is a disappointment. You can buy a Taurus G2S for over $100 cheaper, get and extra mag and have money for about 200 rounds of ammo.