My Sig 226 is now sexually fluid

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

My Sig 226 is now sexually fluid

Post by Boriqua »

Kind of a heads up ... I bought my 226 in .40 .. my caliber of choice. I was convinced recently that I should have a 9mm and didn't want to buy a new gun since I love my sigs.

Sig seems to be dumping a mess of the MK25 slides. I have seen them as low as $299. I paid a bit more but .. If you have wanted to make a conversion or just want a new slide .. you may want to do a web search. Have seen them in a bunch of places but don't know how long they will be available. Came new in plastic bag in sealed sig factory box and is a complete slide assembly and even came with the sig night sights still glowing sharp.

All I needed was mags and ammo. With Mags it cost me about $400 and I can now just swap out slides between 9mm and 40.
sig 226 9mm.jpg
sig 226 9mm 2.jpg

superduty38

Re: My Sig 226 is now sexually fluid

Post by superduty38 »

I love having multiple choices for the guns I use the most. I went the BarSto conversion barrel for my 229's. Since I load my 9mm's to +P I use the same recoil spring and just swap barrel. Nice looking 226, I keep thinking I want one, LOL.
Noshoot

Post by Noshoot »

Really sweet looking.

Caliber conversions are really nice to have. When I bounced between 9 and 40 (and sometimes 357 Sig) I kept spare conversion barrels etc around for play.

Once again, sweet looking pistola there.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

I've got conversion barrel for all the ones that will take it. My Glock 21 will take 5 calibers.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Did the same with my M&P and my 320c. Bought both in 40, but got threaded 9 barrels so I could shoot suppressed.
THE ICEMAN

Post by THE ICEMAN »

I don't know that I would term it "sexually fluid" but I did acquire a S&W M&P .40 and then found a .357 Sig barrel for it... All I have to do is swap barrels, no worries about swapping springs... One gun, two calibers... 8-)
Basher

Post by Basher »

Tangent: Are those CoolHand grips? If so, how do you like them?
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Basher wrote: November 26th, 2021, 7:34 pm Tangent: Are those CoolHand grips? If so, how do you like them?
I love the cool hand. I have the hogue piranha on my 229 and prefer the texture and looks of the cool hand. Cool hand unfortunately doesn't make grips for the 229.

They came with screws and rubber washers and were some $20 cheaper which is just a bonus

I wrote them to ask what thier most aggressive texture was and was told the " diamond " which is what these are.

I have had the cool hand on a CZ and a CZ clone. Always happy with them
Last edited by Boriqua on November 27th, 2021, 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

kenpoprofessor wrote: November 26th, 2021, 12:43 pm I've got conversion barrel for all the ones that will take it. My Glock 21 will take 5 calibers.

Clyde
That is impressive. Never thought you could chamber 5 rounds from one gun. Im not a glock guy even if i own one. Is the 21 the .45?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Boriqua wrote: November 27th, 2021, 5:55 am

That is impressive. Never thought you could chamber 5 rounds from one gun. Im not a glock guy even if i own one. Is the 21 the .45?

Yes, it's the .45, and it can take 10mm, .40 super, 400 Corbon, and .460 Rowland, and I have the .40 super and 400 Corbon barrels. I had a 10mm conversion barrel at one time, but I picked up a Glock 20 upper, and that can take a .40S&W barrel.

Clyde
Basher

Post by Basher »

Boriqua wrote: November 27th, 2021, 5:53 am
Basher wrote: November 26th, 2021, 7:34 pm Tangent: Are those CoolHand grips? If so, how do you like them?
I love the cool hand. I have the hogue piranha on my 229 and prefer the texture and looks of the cool hand. Cool hand unfortunately doesn't make grips for the 229.

They came with screws and rubber washers and were some $20 cheaper which is just a bonus

I wrote them to ask what thier most aggressive texture was and was told the " diamond " which is what these are.

I have had the cool hand on a CZ and a CZ clone. Always happy with them
I appreciate the feedback, thank you!
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Here are the other coolhand grips I have had .. They are a bargain
Tristar T100 grips 5.JPG
DSCF7028sm.JPG
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

kenpoprofessor wrote: November 27th, 2021, 7:32 am
Boriqua wrote: November 27th, 2021, 5:55 am

Yes, it's the .45, and it can take 10mm, .40 super, 400 Corbon, and .460 Rowland, and I have the .40 super and 400 Corbon barrels. I had a 10mm conversion barrel at one time, but I picked up a Glock 20 upper, and that can take a .40S&W barrel.

Clyde
I thought about getting a conversion barrel for my Gen 5 23 but .. since the slide is wider on the Gen5 .. no conversion barrels for it yet. Still .. I really love shooting and the handling of the 226 so even though it cost a ton more to do ... I am still happy I did it. Plus the 9mm uses about half the powder so its cheaper to practice with.

Dont know I will ever carry it but everything I have can be pressed into service. No safe queens for me. I haven't owned a 9mm in years so 18 rds in a magazine is something that amazes me.

What the hell do I do with 18rds!!!
I bought 2 mags. Guess I can load them both up for the range and not have to load any more once I am there