Favorite DA/SA Firearm

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Nanny18
Banned
Banned

Re: Favorite DA/SA Firearm

Post by Nanny18 »

samnev wrote: November 11th, 2021, 9:09 am W. German P226 and CZ 75.
As a carry/duty/off duty gun. P226 will win. As a good, fun range gun, one of the deluxe models CZ is a MUCH better choice. :dance:

samnev
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by samnev »

Nanny18 wrote: November 12th, 2021, 7:40 am
samnev wrote: November 11th, 2021, 9:09 am W. German P226 and CZ 75.
As a carry/duty/off duty gun. P226 will win. As a good, fun range gun, one of the deluxe models CZ is a MUCH better choice. :dance:
I agree with the above :D
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

It would be great if included with what your favorite is, if the thread has room for people chiming in on manufacturers that are still producing DA/SA guns.

I did a web search a while back and found it sparse. I am always on the lookout for Hammer fired guns but dont know who all still makes and supports them besides the ones I mentioned and of course HK.

I tried the HK in DA/SA and with LEM while out shooting with a board member. The Lem is pretty damn sweet but I wasnt hating the DA/SA. But boy that LEM. Still hammer fired though so its on the list of possible future buys!
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Boriqua wrote: November 12th, 2021, 8:18 am I tried the HK in DA/SA and with LEM while out shooting with a board member. The Lem is pretty damn sweet but I wasnt hating the DA/SA. But boy that LEM. Still hammer fired though so its on the list of possible future buys!
The LEM is something magical. It's almost a little difficult to explain to someone. I've only shot one a couple of times, and I have no idea why I don't own one yet.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Boriqua wrote: November 11th, 2021, 8:56 pm Posted for Was 21 ....asp.jpg
Super neat original conversions! That gun, and his variants, are what pushed Smith to make their OWN version/s. The 3913, 3914, 6904, and 6906, with variants of them in DAO, also. 8-)
RufusXG wrote: November 12th, 2021, 7:35 am Only reason I don't still carry/use the Smiths daily is you can't hang a light on them.
I believe those are available in both TSW-Team S&W, and S&W Tactial series models.
Couple of the latter examples you can actually remove the rail, also, IIRC ;)
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

XJThrottle wrote: November 10th, 2021, 8:53 pm Only ever shot my blued P89.. :confusion-shrug:
My blued P89 was my first pistol, and probably the one I have the most rounds through. And, I shoot the best.

I enjoy it so much that I bought a Stainless one off a board member a few years ago. Have yet to let one fly from it though.. Had to put Hogue grips on them both. The factory plastic ones are not my flavor.
93D74C30-668C-4DDC-85A2-76FEECF3E99A.jpeg
Last edited by XJThrottle on November 12th, 2021, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
RufusXG

Post by RufusXG »

pneuby wrote: November 12th, 2021, 10:38 am I believe those are available in both TSW-Team S&W, and S&W Tactial series models.
Couple of the latter examples you can actually remove the rail, also, IIRC ;)
Yeah, I had a 5906TSW with the riveted on rail at one point but did not care for the balance with a light. I've been looking casually for one of the aluminum frames for several years but they're not at all common and all the railed TSWs seem pretty spendy anymore. I'd really like to find one of the WVSP melonited 5946TSWs with the milled rail, even though it has the steel frame, but honestly my "casual" search has been reeeaaallly casual lately.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

XJThrottle wrote: November 12th, 2021, 11:20 am
XJThrottle wrote: November 10th, 2021, 8:53 pm Only ever shot my blued P89.. :confusion-shrug:
My bluedd P89 was my first pistol, and probably the one I have the most rounds through. And, I shoot the best.

I enjoy it so much that I bought a Stainless one off a board member a few years ago. Have yet to let one fly from it though.. Had to put Hogue grips on them both. The factory plastic ones are not my flavor.

93D74C30-668C-4DDC-85A2-76FEECF3E99A.jpeg
My dad had a stainless P89 when I was growing up, and that was the first handgun I ever shot. I have some good memories with that thing for sure.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

My first Wonder nine was an original P85. I immediately bought millet adjustable sights cause you know every gun needs big target sights. I proceeded to drill the hole for the pin on the front sight and fubared the slide. Hadn't even shot it yet. Called Ruger. Few days later I got a box to send it to them and in a week or two a box came and my P85 had a new slide. I never did install those millets again. Probably still have them even though the gun is gone. Wish I had it still it's a piece of history. I was so jazzed up to get it. I think it was closer too 1987 before it actually hit the market.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I bought a P85 when they first came out in 1987.
I have shot more bullets through it than a pickup could carry and it still shoots just fine and I have never had a single problem with it.
You can drag one of these to the range behind your truck and it will still shoot when you get to the range.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

That P85 I had never had a hiccup either. It was big kind of fugly but I liked it. I stupidly sold it to pay the electric bill or something. Worst part is my wife bought it for me as a gift. I regret selling that one as I do most of the guns and cars I've sold.
cjr

Post by cjr »

CZ Shadow 2 with 2 1/4 lb. SA and 6lb. DA trigger.
Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

cjr wrote: November 13th, 2021, 2:48 am CZ Shadow 2 with 2 1/4 lb. SA and 6lb. DA trigger.
That's a really good one.
Drmark
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Drmark »

Beretta PX4 Storm. Not the prettiest gun, but she's got a great personality?
Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

Drmark wrote: November 13th, 2021, 9:00 pm Beretta PX4 Storm. Not the prettiest gun, but she's got a great personality?
Personality goes a long way