Favorite DA/SA Firearm

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Basher
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Favorite DA/SA Firearm

Post by Basher »

Drmark wrote: November 13th, 2021, 9:00 pm Beretta PX4 Storm. Not the prettiest gun, but she's got a great personality?
You know, I had very little interest in the PX4 prior to Langdon taking then under his wing, but now I kinda want one, LOL. After seeing the magic he can do to the 92, it definitely put the PX4 higher up on my list of things to try. He really seems to like them, and I hear they’re pretty soft shooters with the rotating barrel system.

brandyspaw

Post by brandyspaw »

I prefer my P series SIG's for DA/SA guns. Before that I did have several of the 3rd generation S&W autos which I found to be rather SIG like in their handling. However, I got rid of the those over time in favor of the SIG's.

While I also have a few Glocks in 9mm I much prefer the SIG's for protection and really any serious use. In particular, I've found the SIG P228/P229 to have the best feeling grip for my hand.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Suck My Glock wrote: November 11th, 2021, 10:17 pm
Boriqua wrote: November 11th, 2021, 12:52 pm
h8pvmnt wrote: November 11th, 2021, 10:40 am Star Megastar (Model 50) .45/10MM, Three pound tank of a gun, DA trigger sucks but its about as cool and unique as one can get in a DA/SA gun. It was too late to the market to make a hit. No real niche to fill. But was the only 10mm at the time that could handle all the full power loads you could run through it. I have one in .45 but have not been lucky enough to find one in 10MM. I do like my Ruger, Smith and Colt DA/SA Revolvers but i am sure that was not the intent of this thread.
I have never heard of Star. I had to look it up .. sounds awful neat!! Found this site with an old Advertisement.

http://www.star-firearms.com/firearms/g ... ndex.shtml

Cool provenance too.

http://www.star9mm.com/2017/08/history- ... mpany.html

You have cool stuff!! :mrgreen:

You've seen a Megastar before, but just don't remember. In the movie HEAT, the character Waynegro, who DeNiro pops in the airport hotel room near the end, uses 2 different Megastars. In the opening armored car ambush scene, he uses a standard matte blue model. But in the hotel room, he magically has the stainless steel version.

Don't forget Jules Winfield in Pulp Fiction.
Attachments
Jules Winfield Star B.jpeg
Drmark
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Drmark »

Charles Bronson's gun.
Attachments
Let's not forget the . 475 Wildey...
Let's not forget the . 475 Wildey...
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lol, love these types of threads, almost like asking which kid is your fav.
Rj