new offering from Springfield!

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: new offering from Springfield!

Post by Boriqua »

coltnut wrote: August 7th, 2021, 6:15 pm Stopped at Ammo AZ today,They had tons of inventory to say the least.And i did spot a New Springfield Armory Emissary.Kinda like a reworked up Ronin.Excellent frame to slide fit.The grenade checkering on front strap and MSH plus slim grenade checkered grip are very grippy.I like the way it held.
Sights are excellent but the tri cut slide just didnt do it for me.Squared trigger is plastic on the unit i handled,ok trigger job.Barrel is a standard bull barrel,not a NM.Noticed hammer,slide stop,safety are MIM.Price was $1099.00 plus tax,about normal for what you get.
That's actually a little better on the price than I thought it would be. Thanks for the scouting report!!

The plastic trigger though... :cry:

kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

coltnut wrote: August 7th, 2021, 6:15 pm Stopped at Ammo AZ today,They had tons of inventory to say the least.And i did spot a New Springfield Armory Emissary.Kinda like a reworked up Ronin.Excellent frame to slide fit.The grenade checkering on front strap and MSH plus slim grenade checkered grip are very grippy.I like the way it held.
Sights are excellent but the tri cut slide just didnt do it for me.Squared trigger is plastic on the unit i handled,ok trigger job.Barrel is a standard bull barrel,not a NM.Noticed hammer,slide stop,safety are MIM.Price was $1099.00 plus tax,about normal for what you get.
Yep, I was there the other day as well, saw the same thing, said "mehhh". But, I did get my grubby hands on that S&W 500, Oh my, Oh my. :mrgreen:

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

kenpoprofessor wrote: August 8th, 2021, 2:59 am
Yep, I was there the other day as well, saw the same thing, said "mehhh". But, I did get my grubby hands on that S&W 500, Oh my, Oh my. :mrgreen:

Clyde
if you remember that illfated day we all went out to flat mountain and had a warm weather shoot (112), and i shot Azhighcountrys' (aka Bob) 500 S & W, it screwed up my wrist for about 7 months before i could shoot right handed, but did assist me in becoming a better shot with me left hand, he had loaded it quite hot, and being not the brightist bulb on the tree that day, i shot it three times, oh yeah, before the grey matter said, '' uh oh''

cannon for sure
get one, you need it,
delta6

Post by delta6 »

knockonit wrote: August 8th, 2021, 6:28 am
kenpoprofessor wrote: August 8th, 2021, 2:59 am

Clyde
if you remember that illfated day we all went out to flat mountain and had a warm weather shoot (112), and i shot Azhighcountrys' (aka Bob) 500 S & W, it screwed up my wrist for about 7 months before i could shoot right handed, but did assist me in becoming a better shot with me left hand, he had loaded it quite hot, and being not the brightist bulb on the tree that day, i shot it three times, oh yeah, before the grey matter said, '' uh oh''

cannon for sure
get one, you need it,
:laughing-rolling:
Yep.. hand cannons are great to fondle, but old guys would be wise to relegate the shooting of them to the youngin's....
Same goes for large caliber rifles. I remember at one of the BBQ shoots, we tried to convince ol' Roger not to shoot that 50 caliber rifle. :naughty:
He shot it anyway and had a few tough weeks after that. Young folks have more strength, better bone structure, stronger muscles, generally no arthritis and the really important trait, the ability to recover quickly from injury.
I still do enjoy shooting a .50 cal, but only from a tripod and using a belt. :-D
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Forget about that lame Springfield, Boriqua. I gotcher new gun right here:

https://grabagun.com/kimber-stainless-i ... 6eaee60c81
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

smithers599 wrote: August 8th, 2021, 8:47 am Forget about that lame Springfield, Boriqua. I gotcher new gun right here:

https://grabagun.com/kimber-stainless-i ... 6eaee60c81
OOOOoooooo
Some pimp daddy right there!
was21

Post by was21 »

“SQUIRREL!”

Arf arf arf 😂
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

That would create a major distraction in the heat of battle!
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Think I will stick with working toward this one

https://fusionfirearms.com/freedom-series-riptide
coltnut

Post by coltnut »

Boriqua wrote: August 8th, 2021, 2:10 pm Think I will stick with working toward this one

https://fusionfirearms.com/freedom-series-riptide
Id buy the Springer long before id consider buying anything Fusion.Over the years ive seen some outright
crap produced by Fusion.There quality is all over the place.Tried using some of their parts with no
luck fitting in the past. Youll be more pleased with the plastic trigger Springer than a Fusion 1911.
My .02 cents.....
Robert1234

Post by Robert1234 »

Springfield Armory finally making something that's actually different, and better than what they normally sell, rather than just putting a paint job on it and giving it a different name.

Digging the front strap checkering and tri-top slide, not digging the bull barrel. But since most Springfield guns are poorly fit, rattly examples, changing the barrel to a bushing unit would probably be helpful anyway. As long as it stayed at the "Loaded" price-point.