new offering from Springfield!

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

new offering from Springfield!

Post by Boriqua »

I am usually against railed 1911's just from a purest point of view but I must admit their new offering is all kinds of tacticool. If it's fit , finish and function is as good as my TRP was .... could be a new one to add to my 1911 wish list.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911 ... -handguns/

So nice to see it with a single side safety from the factory

knockonit

Re: new offering from Springfield!

Post by knockonit »

sure is a purdae unit
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Just another single stack 1911, I don't see the fascination.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

kenpoprofessor wrote: August 1st, 2021, 5:45 am Just another single stack 1911, I don't see the fascination.

Clyde
myopic views of things in life allow one to miss many enjoyments of life. just saying :whistle:
Rj
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

knockonit wrote: August 1st, 2021, 6:20 am

myopic views of things in life allow one to miss many enjoyments of life. just saying :whistle:
Rj
Don't get me wrong, I like to shoot them, I just don't like them for a variety of reasons, mostly, external safeties, single stack, heavy, hammer fired, and idiot marks :mrgreen:

Clyde
Longhair1957

Post by Longhair1957 »

Looks sweet.
I’d put an aluminum flat face trigger in it.
Not a fan of 1911 plastic triggers.
But I like the rest of it.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Hard to beat Springfield's offerings for box guns and Semi-Custom guns for that matter. I do like the 5" bull barrel on this one for sure.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

kenpoprofessor wrote: August 1st, 2021, 5:45 am Just another single stack 1911, I don't see the fascination.

Clyde
I am a 1911 fanboi -- it's the gun I carry mostly, and I have a bunch of them. But, yeah, this is just another one. OK. Oooh, the checkering is straight instead of angled. Neato. And the top of the slide is angled instead of round. Spiffy. Cosmetic stuff, but nothing that helps you shoot better or defend your life better.

I believe Springfield quality is pretty darn good.
xerts1911

Post by xerts1911 »

Signed up, waiting for the call “I Won”!
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Longhair1957 wrote: August 1st, 2021, 9:22 am Looks sweet.
I’d put an aluminum flat face trigger in it.
Not a fan of 1911 plastic triggers.
But I like the rest of it.
Do the newer ones come with plastic triggers?!

Bummer ..my old TRP didn't but I understand the poly triggers do hold up .. I guess. I'm with you that would make me nuts
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I'm going to repeat myself for some of you grump as*es with your .. big deal just a 1911 souped up.

Or the one I hate the most " it's just a tool who cares"

So to repeat... Variety is the spice of life!

Ok I didn't say that last time but it seems to fit.

What I said was if all we need is working equipment, if all we needed was guns that are tactical ready for the next big gun fight that most of us will never see. If all we need are the basic of basics then

they should only have $20 Timex watches for sale because they work.

Everyone should drive a hundai because they effectively transport you. Everyone should wear the same sensible $40 shoes minus any personal flair and we should only be able to buy hipoints because ... You know ... The tool thing. They work and are unadorned.

Sheesh. I like expensive mechanical watches, I have boots that cost more than a few hundred dollars, I like nice hats and cloths and I like guns that are fun to play with and look cool to me.

I would never carry that gun. Kenpo guy has good points but I will probably never carry my s&w 28 ... Not every gun I have is meant for the great show down. Some I have just cause I like owning and shooting them.

Jeez fug it... Maybe I will start the 30th covid thread
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Neat looking 1911. However, not interested because I think Springfield sucks.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Jack Dupp wrote: August 1st, 2021, 1:21 pm Neat looking 1911. However, not interested because I think Springfield sucks.
What is the word on Springfield? Just curious. My TRP was pretty awesome. I did have it about 15 year or so ago. Has their QC suffered in that time? Haven't really been following.

Here is what I have my sights on for the last year and change. Might not happen until next summer but maybe maybe

https://fusionfirearms.com/freedom-series-riptide
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Boriqua wrote: August 1st, 2021, 12:57 pm I'm going to repeat myself for some of you grump as*es with your .. big deal just a 1911 souped up.

What I said was if all we need is working equipment, if all we needed was guns that are tactical ready for the next big gun fight that most of us will never see. If all we need are the basic of basics then

Everyone should drive a hundai because they effectively transport you. Everyone should wear the same sensible $40 shoes minus any personal flair and we should only be able to buy hipoints because ... You know ... The tool thing. They work and are unadorned.

Sheesh. I like expensive mechanical watches, I have boots that cost more than a few hundred dollars, I like nice hats and cloths and I like guns that are fun to play with and look cool to me.

I would never carry that gun. Kenpo guy has good points but I will probably never carry my s&w 28 ... Not every gun I have is meant for the great show down. Some I have just cause I like owning and shooting them.

Oh, I have guns I would never carry, but love to shoot as well. My best is the Sig 320X5 Legion, it shoots perfectly, but no way in hell am I going to carry a gun like that only to lose it to the popo if I have to use it in my defense. :o I also have a CZ clone SAR, but, it has those features I mentioned, it's just fun to shoot and it was very inexpensive.

Clyde
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

kenpoprofessor wrote: August 1st, 2021, 1:34 pm
Boriqua wrote: August 1st, 2021, 12:57 pm I'm going to repeat myself for some of you grump as*es with your .. big deal just a 1911 souped up.

Oh, I have guns I would never carry, but love to shoot as well. My best is the Sig 320X5 Legion, it shoots perfectly, but no way in hell am I going to carry a gun like that only to lose it to the popo if I have to use it in my defense. :o I also have a CZ clone SAR, but, it has those features I mentioned, it's just fun to shoot and it was very inexpensive.

Clyde
I have had the same cz clone and one from TriStar. Both were a hoot and both were trouble free!

While I am not a fanboy for any manufacturer I do have a weakness for the p series sigs. Desperate to try the new poly ones and almost bought the one that was up for sale here for an outstanding price.

What are the upgrades on the legion?