new offering from Springfield!

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: new offering from Springfield!

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Boriqua wrote: August 1st, 2021, 1:41 pm
kenpoprofessor wrote: August 1st, 2021, 1:34 pm
Boriqua wrote: August 1st, 2021, 12:57 pm I'm going to repeat myself for some of you grump as*es with your .. big deal just a 1911 souped up.

Or the one I hate the most " it's just a tool who cares"

So to repeat... Variety is the spice of life!

Ok I didn't say that last time but it seems to fit.

What I said was if all we need is working equipment, if all we needed was guns that are tactical ready for the next big gun fight that most of us will never see. If all we need are the basic of basics then

they should only have $20 Timex watches for sale because they work.

Everyone should drive a hundai because they effectively transport you. Everyone should wear the same sensible $40 shoes minus any personal flair and we should only be able to buy hipoints because ... You know ... The tool thing. They work and are unadorned.

Sheesh. I like expensive mechanical watches, I have boots that cost more than a few hundred dollars, I like nice hats and cloths and I like guns that are fun to play with and look cool to me.

I would never carry that gun. Kenpo guy has good points but I will probably never carry my s&w 28 ... Not every gun I have is meant for the great show down. Some I have just cause I like owning and shooting them.

Jeez fug it... Maybe I will start the 30th covid thread

Oh, I have guns I would never carry, but love to shoot as well. My best is the Sig 320X5 Legion, it shoots perfectly, but no way in hell am I going to carry a gun like that only to lose it to the popo if I have to use it in my defense. :o I also have a CZ clone SAR, but, it has those features I mentioned, it's just fun to shoot and it was very inexpensive.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
I have had the same cz clone and one from TriStar. Both were a hoot and both were trouble free!

While I am not a fanboy for any manufacturer I do have a weakness for the p series sigs. Desperate to try the new poly ones and almost bought the one that was up for sale here for an outstanding price.

What are the upgrades on the legion?

I wished I could tell you, that's the only Sig I own. RJ and Delta6 both have them and when I shot it, I had to have it. :D It's $200 more now than when I bought mine.

Clyde

knockonit

Post by knockonit »

i love me all day shooter the sigx5, gotta take a rest inbetween the 22 rounds, ugh, and man is it accurate. as accurate as my xd5.25 which i really like to shoot
Rj
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

knockonit wrote: August 1st, 2021, 1:52 pm i love me all day shooter the sigx5, gotta take a rest inbetween the 22 rounds, ugh, and man is it accurate. as accurate as my xd5.25 which i really like to shoot
Rj
22 round mag!? Dayum zombie hordes don't stand a chance.

My "tool" guns are my Glock 23 that I am still bonding with and my GP 100. Yea I know .. an ol timey relic but I can hit sh*t with it. Guess I would press my sig 229 into service but.. I will be honest .. I would hate to ding it all up but as of now I shoot it better than the Glock, the Da/Sa on the sig is more like home for a guy who learned to shoot on revolvers
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Boriqua wrote: August 1st, 2021, 2:01 pm
knockonit wrote: August 1st, 2021, 1:52 pm i love me all day shooter the sigx5, gotta take a rest inbetween the 22 rounds, ugh, and man is it accurate. as accurate as my xd5.25 which i really like to shoot
Rj
22 round mag!? Dayum zombie hordes don't stand a chance.

My "tool" guns are my Glock 23 that I am still bonding with and my GP 100. Yea I know .. an ol timey relic but I can hit sh*t with it. Guess I would press my sig 229 into service but.. I will be honest .. I would hate to ding it all up but as of now I shoot it better than the Glock, the Da/Sa on the sig is more like home for a guy who learned to shoot on revolvers
21rd mag with one in the tube. Oh, and it comes with 4 mags.

Clyde
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

xerts1911 wrote: August 1st, 2021, 12:39 pm Signed up, waiting for the call “I Won”!
Congrats! ....... pics or it didn't happen. :D
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

knockonit wrote: August 1st, 2021, 1:52 pm i love me all day shooter the sigx5
Rj
The X5 is a nice blaster. :violence-uzi:
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Damn and to think I didn’t need another 1911…
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Boriqua wrote: August 1st, 2021, 1:28 pm
Jack Dupp wrote: August 1st, 2021, 1:21 pm Neat looking 1911. However, not interested because I think Springfield sucks.
What is the word on Springfield? Just curious. My TRP was pretty awesome. I did have it about 15 year or so ago. Has their QC suffered in that time? Haven't really been following.

Here is what I have my sights on for the last year and change. Might not happen until next summer but maybe maybe

https://fusionfirearms.com/freedom-series-riptide
I just think Springfield is probably the worst American gun "manufacturer". Unlike Ruger and Smith and Wesson, they have never really made anything on their own here. They use the Springfield Armory name, but have their stuff made elsewhere. They are just really good at slick marketing and slapping the SA name on other manufacturer's guns. Like Brazilian 1911 parts. Croatian plastic guns. The SAR48, which was a Brazilian FAL clone. The SAR8, which was a Greek HK91 clone. The only good SA guns that I can think of that are "American" and made "in-house" are their 1911s from the Custom Shop.

Springfield Armory sucks.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

I have multiple Springfield 1911s and other than the silly key lock thing that can be easily removed if one wishes, they are good serviceable guns. I have an older TRP stainless that was my first 1911 and a really well used black TRP operator that was used by a former member of the old AZS site to compete with. The operator is a railed gun. The only railed 1911 i own. I have quite a few nice 1911s and the springers would be some of the last to get rid of if i had to. Much nicer than the Ruger offerings in my opinion. If i only had guns to be used in a gun fight or ones that were purely a tool i would have to sell most of my guns. I am not an operator, or a modern day ninja so most of my guns are art pieces to be enjoyed, tinkered with and shot when i feel like it. Single actions make up a large portion of my collection and they are largely impractical for most actual work but oh are they interesting and elegant to me. I would not carry my M1 Garand in the truck but i still love to own and shoot it. So i definitely think a Springfield 1911 is worth putting on a wish list.
mallic

Post by mallic »

Friends don't let friends buy anything from springfield. Ever since they tried to backdoor shaft every other gunmaker in IL and only walked their support back when the public found out.
Last edited by mallic on August 3rd, 2021, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

mallic wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:57 pm Friends don't let friends by anything from springfield. Ever since they tried to backdoor shaft every other gunmaker in IL and only walked their support back when the public found out.
i don''t have any friends only associates i shoot with and drink with, friends only come along once in a life time. :whistle:
RJ
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

mallic wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:57 pm Friends don't let friends by anything from springfield. Ever since they tried to backdoor shaft every other gunmaker in IL and only walked their support back when the public found out.
And then there's that. Another reason S.A. sucks.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

rockbronco wrote: August 1st, 2021, 6:40 pm Damn and to think I didn’t need another 1911…
As Tina Turner said, "What's need got to do, got to do with it?"
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Armand Swenson is rolling over in his grave.......
coltnut

Post by coltnut »

Stopped at Ammo AZ today,They had tons of inventory to say the least.And i did spot a New Springfield Armory Emissary.Kinda like a reworked up Ronin.Excellent frame to slide fit.The grenade checkering on front strap and MSH plus slim grenade checkered grip are very grippy.I like the way it held.
Sights are excellent but the tri cut slide just didnt do it for me.Squared trigger is plastic on the unit i handled,ok trigger job.Barrel is a standard bull barrel,not a NM.Noticed hammer,slide stop,safety are MIM.Price was $1099.00 plus tax,about normal for what you get.