CZ 97 .. Anyone own or shoot one

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

CZ 97 .. Anyone own or shoot one

Post by Boriqua »

Since its kind of a down time in shopping since ammo and components is still an issue so I am lazily looking for "That" .45.

I was certain it would be another 1911 but then .. I have to be honest .. I have owned over 6 and less than 12 and they are kind of like old girlfriends.

I remember all the wonderful parts and forget some of the not so wonderful parts. Suddenly when lucid I remember .. yea she was sexy and great in bed but ... yea there was the other stuff.

So expanding my .45 search and my ever increasing love of Sig's I thought about a 220 but .. they are like hens teeth and cost as much.

Got to shoot a buddies HK usp with lem .. SHWEET!! and I shot the newer HK compact he had with DA/SA and I wouldnt kick it out of bed but they are discontinued and magazines, when found, have to be paid for in organ donations ..and .. I dont know if I want plastic. Will say .. they are SUPER soft shooters. Still on my list of maybe

The FN is nice but also plastic. Got to handle and shoot one .. fit the hand nice but .. a little more than I want to spend to sit around.

Thought about a witness since I like DA SA and then remembered how much I liked CZ! If they still offered a .40 I would have one but .. they are still producing the 97 and I think its sexy as hell. No real use for it and I am just browsing but ... anyone play with one? Thoughts?

TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Re: CZ 97 .. Anyone own or shoot one

Post by TheAccountant »

You can’t go wrong. My first 75 sold me on the CZ design and I haven’t looked back since. The 97 is the sweetest shooting 45 that I have. The DA trigger is a little long/heavy in the 97, but SA out of the box is pretty nice. Magazines can be a little hard to come by and I haven’t found any aftermarket options like the 75 has. It can be a little bulky if you don’t have large hands, but the aluminum grips they’re putting on them now help quite a bit. If you didn’t mind the feeling of holding a 2x4 with HK USP (assuming that was 45), then you’ll be fine with the CZ.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

TheAccountant wrote: June 9th, 2021, 10:31 am You can’t go wrong. My first 75 sold me on the CZ design and I haven’t looked back since. The 97 is the sweetest shooting 45 that I have. The DA trigger is a little long/heavy in the 97, but SA out of the box is pretty nice. Magazines can be a little hard to come by and I haven’t found any aftermarket options like the 75 has. It can be a little bulky if you don’t have large hands, but the aluminum grips they’re putting on them now help quite a bit. If you didn’t mind the feeling of holding a 2x4 with HK USP (assuming that was 45), then you’ll be fine with the CZ.
Thank you for the input!
blasternaz

Post by blasternaz »

Had one, with a known gunsmith trigger job. Nice piece but to large for my small hands. Rolled it shortly after acquiring it. Black T did the trigger, FWIW.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

get the knock off SAR k2 45
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Boriqua hasn't visited this site since Nov. 27th.
Anyone know what happened to him??
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

hehe, i suppose he got tired of the bullshite, it happens, some folks just dont need the crap that goes on sometimes, me i could care less, infact will start some if i see a reason to pizz someone off, oh well.
bummer, he pretty much retired from his leather work too, man could that boy sew and make a holster, and other stuffing, i have a gaggle of them, but thats not enough
rj
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

I've never owned or shot a CZ 97 - but I've never shot or owned a CZ that didn't make me want to buy another CZ... so...
Drmark
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Drmark »

Classic Firearms has them for $766.

Sexy looking weapon!
samnev

Post by samnev »

I owned a CZ97 for 10 years. As others have said it was very accurate. Even with my large hands the grips felt to large for me. So I didd't shoot it a whole lot. Eventually sold it when I down sized my collection. I favor the 1911 45ACP's that I own.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

TheAccountant wrote: June 9th, 2021, 10:31 am . Magazines can be a little hard to come by and I haven’t found any aftermarket options like the 75 has.
Something dings in the far outer reaches of my brain that an EAA Witness mag MAY work?
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

pneuby wrote: February 12th, 2022, 10:14 am
TheAccountant wrote: June 9th, 2021, 10:31 am . Magazines can be a little hard to come by and I haven’t found any aftermarket options like the 75 has.
Something dings in the far outer reaches of my brain that an EAA Witness mag MAY work?
Pneuby is correct. Witness/Tanfoglio 45 mags work in the CZ97.