What is a 5.7 handgun for?

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
hairygreek
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: What is a 5.7 handgun for?

Post by hairygreek »

Boriqua wrote: January 26th, 2023, 2:17 pm(Splinter cell)
Yes! Still looking for the right priced FS2000 with scope. Let alone the night vision.

For 5.7 I am mainly interested in the PS90, I still think it is a superior SMG design. But the ammo costs a lot, nearly as much as .308, more than 5.56 and twice (or more) than 9mm. Hopefully all he new guns increases demand and later lowers cost.

I saw awhile ago a certain 9mm solid copper light load that went thru armor like 5.7. Should buy some for kicks... and another reason to just use 9mm. :roll:

mock0013

Post by mock0013 »

PSA is now making 5.7 ammo and they posted for $.50 a round last week before it sold out. So ammo availability is increasing and prices are falling..
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AmericanEagle wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:19 pm My ideal gun would recoil like a 22 and hit like a truck. I think 5.7 recoils pretty great, especially the M&P looks interesting, and it hits a lot harder than 22.

I haven't owned a 5.7 yet.

My EXTAR EXP does that. AR with so little recoil you can shoot it one handed and have less recoil than a 9mm. I had it at C2 the other day, kid working there was amazed and just said "damn that's loud"
Even more amazed when I let him shoot a few rounds with it, :mrgreen:

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

kenpoprofessor wrote: March 18th, 2023, 3:28 pm
AmericanEagle wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:19 pm My ideal gun would recoil like a 22 and hit like a truck. I think 5.7 recoils pretty great, especially the M&P looks interesting, and it hits a lot harder than 22.

I haven't owned a 5.7 yet.

My EXTAR EXP does that. AR with so little recoil you can shoot it one handed and have less recoil than a 9mm. I had it at C2 the other day, kid working there was amazed and just said "damn that's loud"
Even more amazed when I let him shoot a few rounds with it, :mrgreen:

Clyde
I wanted one of those 556 extras for a while. Only got the 9mm version from extar. Did not know about them until they sold the 556 version to someone else
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

rockbronco wrote: March 18th, 2023, 6:23 pm

I wanted one of those 556 extras for a while. Only got the 9mm version from extar. Did not know about them until they sold the 556 version to someone else
I don't know if they even sell them anymore in 5.56. Mine is fun, though I did have to replace the polymer FCG with a normal set. That's why I had it at C2 the other day, function checking the parts change. 3.1 lbs. unloaded, thing is just too cool for school to me.

Clyde