AR-15 Lower Parts Kit Quality Question

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
Fragout21
ArizonaShooting.org Member

AR-15 Lower Parts Kit Quality Question

Post by Fragout21 »

Are all AR-15 lower parts kits roughly the same quality today? I worked with Anderson lower parts kits a few years ago but saw new manufacturers at the gunshop that cost significantly less. I just want to make sure my AR-15 does not have issues due to the lower parts kit failing prematurely.

QuietM4

Re: AR-15 Lower Parts Kit Quality Question

Post by QuietM4 »

The majority of the LPK's you see with different brand names, are all made my the same parts manufacturer(s). Unless you are getting a cosmetic designer part from Geiselle, Strike Industries, etc, all the pins, springs, etc are the same.

The only real difference is the trigger itself...which is why I try to find sans-trigger LPK's. All the springs, detent pins, etc don't really make a massive difference in function.

IMO, saving a few bucks isn't worth the potential parts breakage, so I usually just stick with Anderson, PSA, Aero, etc.
xerts1911

Post by xerts1911 »

https://palmettostatearmory.com/catalog ... +parts+kit
I’m really pleased with the receiver and lower parts kit I bought from PSA
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

I’ve never seen a difference in lower parts kit that I purchased, and I purchased from multiple different distributors. All look the same to me.
tlieberman240

Post by tlieberman240 »

I like the BCM LPM simply because it includes their NPT trigger and their pistol grip; both of which I like and typically run, so it's just more convenient for me to buy.

They're out of stock everywhere though, so I purchased an Aero Precision LPK, and then just the BCM grip separate lol
az_firearms
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by az_firearms »

Majority of the lpk comes from a standard group of vendors, some times the fire control group as well. A good trigger, hammer and disconnector set for the money will have either an "S" or and "SS" cast some where on it. Colt has been using them for years, I think bcm uses them or has the same shop do a custom run with the bcm star on it, psa used to use them. They are from a company called Schmid Tool, they turn out alot of milspec triggers for the military.
Edit: Just noticed another member mentioned Schmid Tool in post number three. Great quality, it is all I run.
tlieberman240

Post by tlieberman240 »

Yeah a lot of them are pretty much the same.

QC is kind of the varying factor. As in: how often will an item that's out of spec slip through quality control? I don't have the answer to that question, but when I've used LPKs from Aero and BCM, they've all been fine.