sig bdx system?

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
mark T
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

sig bdx system?

Post by mark T »

anyone have experience with the sig Sauer bdx? Blue tooth range finder to scope? If so was it simple to set up? Does it work? I'm more of a archer than rifle man but am thinking about trying this out on my sons new creedmore. I figure if I'm on the range finder and the dot pops up in the scope it should be a no brainer. He is 14 and has his first elk tag this year.

Abbey
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: sig bdx system?

Post by Abbey »

I checked it out in the store and did a lot of research. It looked really slick and seems to work well. We programmed it to think it was using a slow load and ranged a couple different distances in front of the shop and the scope updated the dope quickly.

The deal breaker for me is that the “lite” version of the applied ballistics solver that it uses only goes to 800 yards (or meters - can’t remember which). The full solver requires atmospheric data from something like a Kestrel. I was thinking about using it with the Kilo 3000 in the 1000yard to 1 mile range so that was a no go.

It seems to be geared more towards hunters with lower quality scopes and shorter distances.